Banned

Trim motor replacement on 250 SHO

Anyone ever replaced trim motor looks like mine has gone out.
    Looking for part number for trim motor and is there an aftermarket motor replacement.

2. Member
    Check the relay before taking it apart.

This video shows how to test motor without taking it off.

This video shows the trim motor removal on a smaller Yamaha, but it was basically the same on mine except my trim motor is a four bolt.

As for a replacement motor, there are several places that sell exact replacement motors for less than half the price of a OEM.
    Look up the motor part number on a Yamaha parts list. Do a google search for that part number.
    I wanna say the replacement trim motor for my 250 HPDI was around $59.00.

3. Member
    Just got done replacing mine. Mine acted weird and I took it off. Bought one off eBay for 47 bucks. Works as it should. I did take my old one apart and found out why it wasn’t working right. The seal around the armature shaft was bad letting trim fluid up in motor. Motor was full of fluid. Cleaned everything and put it back together and it works perfect. I ordered a new set of brushes and seals for it and will rebuild it. I will keep it for a spare. That was my experience with it. Very simple to rebuild.

4. Member
    Now I was told that the real cheap ones might not last very long. The better ones are ARCO brand. And they are still about half the price of oem ones. Oem for my motor was around 500 bucks. The ARCO brand was around 250.