My 2007 P2 for sale

Not sure why I'm having such a hard time selling this one, not even getting many inquiries so I just emailed Al to drop the price to $22K. If anyone knows anyone looking. I've got a ton of pics I can send. Thanks Mike

2. Member
    Mike that’s a great deal. I would be all over this. But I’m planning on getting another cat in the spring

Perhaps a couple of nice pics might spark some interest?
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Your welcome to post on our Boats For Sale Page.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 10-11-2019 at 07:04 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Perhaps a couple of nice pics might spark some interest?
    It's posted on the Boats4Sale board

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    It's posted on the Boats4Sale board
    That's better. Just looked yesterday and did not see any pics.

Quality pictures for one. Wash it, shine it, clean/polish the wheels, Armor-all the tires and get her looking the best. Get it out into bright light with a background that makes it standout then take pictures. Having a drab boat with cluttered pictures does not make it look good. I have a hospital parking lot nearby that I use - usually on a Sunday when it is slow.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

There’s no reason to have a challenge reselling a 19’ boat and 200 engine in today’s market. If it’s presented well, clean with good images, and the rig is in good shape. It should not last long as 19’ models are short on the market.

You cant just place it on Bass Boat Central and expect it to go away. Answer emails promptly and make the effort. You’re in Elgin, IL and that markets not huge, a high school angler parent would be a good direction. The Pantera II and other 19’ models make a great youth trainer.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    There’s no reason to have a challenge reselling a 19’ boat and 200 engine in today’s market. If it’s presented well, clean with good images, and the rig is in good shape. It should not last long as 19’ models are short on the market.

You cant just place it on Bass Boat Central and expect it to go away. Answer emails promptly and make the effort. You’re in Elgin, IL and that markets not huge, a high school angler parent would be a good direction. The Pantera II and other 19’ models make a great youth trainer.
    I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble. I've gotten maybe 8 or 9 people who I've talked to (including Alan from BCB parts, but never heard back from him), thought I had it sold a month ago but the guy decided on a different boat that was more local to him (he was about 5 hours away). I've only had two guys from IL, others were from as far away as CA and GA. Could be my location or that the fall is not the greatest market.

I think the pics I have here, on the BCB For Sale page and on the Facebook BCB For Sale page are good. I've answered every email, text and Facebook message that I've gotten almost immediately and have sent all of the rest of the pics I have, at every angle, showing every part of the boat. It's well equipped (Poles, Ultrex, Bobs, Lithiums and good graphs), in good shape for a 12 year old boat, hours are relatively low (370) and I think the price is fair (asking $22K).

Anyway, thanks for the input. If it doesn't sell in the next few weeks I'll store it and put it back up in the spring.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Quality pictures for one. Wash it, shine it, clean/polish the wheels, Armor-all the tires and get her looking the best. Get it out into bright light with a background that makes it standout then take pictures. Having a drab boat with cluttered pictures does not make it look good. I have a hospital parking lot nearby that I use - usually on a Sunday when it is slow.
    Agreed, and PLEASE take this as constructive not a dig.

When I pulled up your pics here the boat is clean, but the trailer and wheels are not. I can't tell if there are water stains on the carpet under the trolling motor picture, or are there stains in the carpet? Pull an all dayer shining that Cat up and take some great shots with the lockers open and shut. It's been a while since I sold straight out vs trading. The last boat I sold straight out I had my mechanic pull the hours etc...so I could show that printout. I had a picture of all the routine maintenance receipts as well. I sold the boat here in three days and had two more people in line if the guy backed out. That was a 18'7" boat with a 175 HPDI. I drove the boat 10 hours one way to meet the buyer. We had completed all the paperwork through a broker (his choice of buying) beforehand.

Second that. I keep a file for all my boats that go with it when it sells so the potential customer feels more comfortable about the history. Its the unknown that scares most buyers off and few are willing to dig for the history unless its in their back yard.