Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Both of my 300's show signs of leaking. 38 hours

2. Member
    Not an 'official' answer....but from my experience.... the original seals were 'loose' in the case and the replacement seal is a new PN and different mfg. Had mine replaced and leak stopped. It's a quick simple fix.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Quote Originally Posted by shuddyssoup View Post
    I tried accessing the link you used and got to the parts section easy. I never could find service bulletins ... what am I missing. I have the 4 Stroke 150L Serial # 1B944986 ... thanks. Mike
    Service Bulletins are not listed for some of the 150 4/stroke's

4. Member
    my 175 is bone dry when I checked last night. guess I got lucky on this one.

mine did not show until it had over 50 hrs.
    Odds are if it doesn't have the upgraded seal its only a mater of time

6. Member
    I just checked mine last night and I will need to bring it in for the new seal. Oil on intake, air box and around the fly wheel area.

2018 175 Pro XS with 26 hours.

7. Member
    Curious how they determine the SN's within the recall. I am just outside (lower than) the beginning number on the crankshaft seal recall. Guess mine was made before they installed the faulty part. As we all know there was some tsalk that the baclog was due to parts availability. Maybe they tried another and it did not pan out. This info on checking for bulletins was very helpful. Thanks all.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Curious how they determine the SN's within the recall. I am just outside (lower than) the beginning number on the crankshaft seal recall. Guess mine was made before they installed the faulty part. As we all know there was some tsalk that the baclog was due to parts availability. Maybe they tried another and it did not pan out. This info on checking for bulletins was very helpful. Thanks all.
    Normally based on a vendor and/or batch of components from a particular vendor, then based on that info, when those components entered and exited production (and/or replacement part shipping).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12