Need detwiller hydraulic jackplate up/down blinker trim switch help

I am having some trouble and looking for some help at this point.

i have a detwiller hydraulic jackplate. I believe it’s a 01 because that’s the year of my Triton. Has the bulge mounted tank and pump/ relays. Has the rectangle black box under the dash, and I still have the exact dial switch. The switch only works sometimes... so this is the reason why I am trying to install a blinker trim switch. I tried every wire combo with the 3 wires on the TH blinker trim to the 3 black box prongs. No matter what I do, the light either blinks red and green or stays solid red. Switch doesn’t work.

what am I missing? Do I need to do a calibration or something with the new switch? That’s the only thing I can come up with. I did a search and didn’t find much help on this topic and what I did find, it said it was plug and play with this blinker trim to the black box. Not the case for me.

2. Pat Goff
    Get rid of the box, wire it directly (with fuses) to the motor. That dial junk is useless.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Get rid of the box, wire it directly (with fuses) to the motor. That dial junk is useless.
    pat,

How would I wire it directly to the pump motor and eliminate the box? I get I can eliminate the dial switch, but there is also a grey wire going from the box to the jackplate, and also some others.

4. Member
    The gray wire that runs from the plate to the box is hooked to the position sensor on the plate and that won't be needed with out the dial. There should be a set that runs to the solenoids that you will need to hook to a switch.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    The gray wire that runs from the plate to the box is hooked to the position sensor on the plate and that won't be needed with out the dial. There should be a set that runs to the solenoids that you will need to hook to a switch.
    Ok, this helps.

can I unplug the blue and green wires from the box, and plug them to the green and blue wires on the switch, and thenunhook the red power wire from the box and hook it to the purple (12v) wire on the switch and just be done with it? I believe the blue and green wires go to the relays for the pump. Hard to tell because after the wires enter the panel behind the console, they are electrical tapes all the way back into the bilge area.

6. Member
    I think the wires are different gauge and the ones that go to the plate are smaller. I'll have to look at mine tomorrow.

7. Member
    I got it all set up. Thanks guys.

8. Member
    I did look at mine and it is two different types of wires.