Harness, keyswitch, binnacle control needed to rig a new 4 stroke 115 Pro XS ?

I currently have a Honda 90hp on a 19' aluminum boat and am considering changing to a Mercury 115 Pro XS. I currently have Faria gauges which are less than a year old, I have checked with Faria and they will work with the Mercury. I want to use them so I do not have to fill in the holes in the dash, the only two connected to the motor are the tach with hour meter and trim gauge. I assume I will need to change out the binnacle control and key switch, I would also like to have the ability to display the engine info on a MFD, currently I have a Lowrance HDS-7. My plan is to derig my Honda and all wiring and controls, install the new Mercury harness, binnacle and key switch and then have the dealer just bolt the motor on and connect it up. I also want everything in a rigging tube, I have hydraulic steering which I will be reusing.
    How can I determine what parts I need, I have looked and I could not find a Mercury rigging guide. Thanks for any info.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!

If you reference Rhonda's post (in the pinned posts at the top), you can contact the Parts Department for Parts and/or Rigging Materials Assistance.

If this is a NEW engine, the selling dealer is supposed to complete the rigging and perform a PDI of the engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!

If you reference Rhonda's post (in the pinned posts at the top), you can contact the Parts Department for Parts and/or Rigging Materials Assistance.

If this is a NEW engine, the selling dealer is supposed to complete the rigging and perform a PDI of the engine.
    I will be buying all the rigging ahead of time, installing it all, then just taking it to the selling dealer and having them install the engine. What is the correct forum for this type of question if this one is not?

4. Member
    "am considering changing to a Mercury 115 Pro XS"

Don needs the serial number to give accurate info - but, he likely
    overlooked your statement above.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    I will be buying all the rigging ahead of time, installing it all, then just taking it to the selling dealer and having them install the engine. What is the correct forum for this type of question if this one is not?
    Given that info you can discuss here (as you don't have the engine).

Rigging can be spec'd out based on some moderately detailed questions- if you drop Rhonda an email we would be happy to conference with you and spec out the materials you will need to do the job.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor