Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Its on its way to china. The united states lobby for coal is a joke compared to other energy sources. China utilizes twice as much coal as we do and ten times less natural gas. All you chest thumpers for coal should get involved in the advocacy for its use as much as the natural gas and pipeline industry has for its product. Statements to the effect about electric cars etc etc are right..............................they are probably being fueled by electricity derived from natural gas
    None of that coal in the pics was heading to China. It was being unloaded and sent by conveyor to the power plant 500 yards off the river. If I lived in Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska or the Dakota's where it's extremely flat and the wind never stops I'd expect to use wind turbines for power. If I lived along the TN river I'd expect my power to come from one of the many TVA hydroelectric dams that started building in the 1940's. If I lived in Nevada, Arizona or southern California I'd expect my power to come from solar panels. That's called using the resource that's readily available and accessible. We don't have the wind, solar or hydro here but what we do have is coal and those other areas don't. Energy/power isn't a one size fits all as so many seem to believe it is.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I believe the politically correct term for that is “electric car fuel”
    You made be blow my cereal out my nose!
    I really should stop eating, or drinking, when scrolling through the lounge!

3. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    None of that coal in the pics was heading to China. It was being unloaded and sent by conveyor to the power plant 500 yards off the river. If I lived in Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska or the Dakota's where it's extremely flat and the wind never stops I'd expect to use wind turbines for power. If I lived along the TN river I'd expect my power to come from one of the many TVA hydroelectric dams that started building in the 1940's. If I lived in Nevada, Arizona or southern California I'd expect my power to come from solar panels. That's called using the resource that's readily available and accessible. We don't have the wind, solar or hydro here but what we do have is coal and those other areas don't. Energy/power isn't a one size fits all as so many seem to believe it is.
    "nasty" stuff is used to make wind blades, batteries and solar panels...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    "nasty" stuff is used to make wind blades, batteries and solar panels...just saying
    I agree and lithium mining is dangerous and just as destructive as coal mining but no one cares as long as their cell phone and ev works.

5. Banned
    None of that coal in the pics was heading to China. It was being unloaded and sent by conveyor to the power plant 500 yards off the river.
    I'm glad my sarcasm isnt lost on you LOL

I'm glad my sarcasm isnt lost on you LOL
    I got it Jeff, still rubbed me wrong lol.

7. Banned
    I get the feeling almost everything rubs you wrong LOL

I get the feeling almost everything rubs you wrong LOL
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Sheer boredom all day on my union job leaves me plenty of time to be here agitating grumpy old dudes. Lmao

9. Banned
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Sheer boredom all day on my union job leaves me plenty of time to be here agitating grumpy old dudes. Lmao
    I thought you guys stayed busy roughing up SCABS all day long.

10. Banned
    But your Ohio energy provider is using 20% less coal derived power than it was a few years ago and at the same time using more natural gas and renewable sources to send to Indianna. I know its not a simple "One size fits all" answer but does explain my coal lobby is a joke reference.

11. Member
    Last edited by tj; 05-20-2022 at 08:42 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Liberty Utilities (Canadian owned) plans to have 600 MW of wind power come online in 2021, and close an old 200 MW coal plant by the end of 2019. Saving rate-payers as much as $325 million over 20 years. (I won’t mind saving some $$$).
    Will you let us know when your bill decreases?

13. Member
    Well since according to the climate change worshipers the earth is going to self destruct in about ten years might as well use the coal up while we can!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Must be a bunch of bad kids south of you.....no toys this year.....Santa is pisssed!
    Think we have some up here too ??

15. Member
    It's food, diapers, and rent for some families I know

16. Member
    Blacktop?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_tzx View Post
    From the picture it looks to possibly be coal.
    That's what I think as well.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    ha! Absolutely this. Everyone needs to have a box on their electric bill that says to exclude them from any carbon based energy, remove renewable subsidies, and bill me fully. We’ll see how much they like it about sunset each evening too.

20. Member
    Definitely looks like coal to me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast