2008 591 DC Prop opinions

Hi all,
    Just picked up an 08 591 DC with a 150 optimax, boat came with a 4 blade trophy Plus 21P prop. I've only had the boat on clearlake for a few days, and unfortunately I didn't pay too much attention at max rpm over the week. The boat performed pretty well, but I'm curious about what any 591/z7 owners think of this setup, and what you may recommend to change. I know alot of it is personal preference, but I don't see this setup alot. Still learning props, max rpm, mph etc, open to ideas on what prop you guys are running.

Thanks,
    -Jeff

I have practically the same boat only mine is an '06...no jack plate. I'm still running the prop that came on my boat, a Tempest Plus 24p. I removed one plug when I first got it and haven't touched it since. Even fully loaded with half of BPS and a partner it gets right up...add a full live well and more than half a tank of gas and you might be plowing water a little longer. When the boat was new, I could get 62 or so out of it....now with full load of tackle and the biggest batteries that they make, 56 or 58mph is about all I can get. That's more than fast enough for me to cover the small 4000 acre lake I fish most of the time.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    I too, purchased a 2008 Z7 DC, it came with a 2007 Mercury 150 EFI and Trophy Plus 21P. I had mine out on Lake Mead, Ideal clear day and was running 53.7 on GPS, water pressure was about 19. I do prefer the 4 blade prop, and considering 23p Trophy Plus. My boat was loaded with 2 ppl 200lb + pp, tackle and 1/2 tank of fuel. My question is what kind of top speed should I expect with a 23p ?

4. Member
    Gonna take mine out Sunday and record all the stats. Considering a 23p, curious on the expected mph as well

5. Member
    Hard to answer any question with out RPM being turned.

In general a 23pitch prop is normally used on nitros with 150's.
    And general you should see upper 50's to low 60's typically.

Many factors can play in this also, load weight, elevation, engine height, etc.etc..