HB Mega 360 Imaging Question

Apologize if this question has been answered before, I searched, but could not find answered specifically.

Currently I have a Solix 15 SI G1 at my console connected through a central network box to a Solix 10 SI G1 at the bow with HB 360 mounted on MK Ultrex Link all connected into the network. I understand if I decided to upgrade to the “soon to be” released Mega 360, it can only be connected to a Solix Mega + G2 or a Helix Mega + G3.

Questions
    1. If I went with a Helix Mega+ DI, could I be able to see the Mega 360 image through the network on the Solix at the console and/or the Solix at the bow, if I decided to keep 2 units up front?
    2. If so would I be able to view the 2d and DI signals on the Solix unit(s)?
    3. If I understand prior post on the topic, if I installed a Solix DI G2 at the bow, I could connect the Mega 360 to the Head Unit with it also connect to network and see both the Mega 360 and also the DI/2d from DI transducer mounting on troll motor?

Basically trying to evaluate if I upgrade to Mega 360 what my options are. It may be just me, but the image on the Helix 12 for 360 seems to fit better on the screen. I suppose if none options above are viable and I decided to stack units, I could just buy a G3N CHO, just dedicated to Mega 360.

Unless they change it later, the mega 360 can only be shared Solix to Solix or Helix to Helix. The only thing that can be shared between the 2 platforms is waypoints ... not 2D or SI.

For a Solix DI unit, I'm not sure if anything besides 2D can be shared with the Mega connected .... Maybe, but not sure how the DI unit is able to be the driver for the Mega 360 since it seems to a SI output to drive the 360. I guess it is possible that the DI + models have SI drivers in them that are unused unless connected to a Mega 360?

Maybe Wayne check in and know in the AM
    Last edited by Bob B; 10-01-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Unless they change it later, the mega 360 can only be shared Solix to Solix or Helix to Helix. The only thing that can be shared between the 2 platforms is waypoints ... not 2D or SI.

For a Solix DI unit, I'm not sure if anything besides 2D can be shared with the Mega connected .... Maybe, but not sure how the DI unit is able to be the driver for the Mega 360 since it seems to a SI output to drive the 360. I guess it is possible that the DI + models have SI drivers in them that are unused unless connected to a Mega 360?

Maybe Wayne check in and know in the AM

The compatible units are listed in the announcement notes and none are CHIRP (sonar only) models. Post #1339 in the 360 sticky topic.

MEGA 360 Compatibility:

• Direct Connect MEGA 360 Sonar Transducer:

SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOSOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOSOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOHELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 9 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 9 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3N

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

He was wondering if he used a Solix DI+unit .. would he still be able to get DI using the Y cable ... or is the DI used to drive the 360 on that model? I know you can with an SI+ but don't know how it works with the DI+ unit.

It seems logical that a DI+ unit would do the same as a SI+ unit and add DI/2D/Temp with the Y cable since a DI+ unit is compatible with the MEGA 360 with no Y cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It seems logical that a DI+ unit would do the same as a SI+ unit and add DI/2D/Temp with the Y cable since a DI+ unit is compatible with the MEGA 360 with no Y cable.
    That's what I was thinking .... they must have some stealth drivers in the DI+ units that support the mega 360.

That's what I was thinking .... they must have some stealth drivers in the DI+ units that support the mega 360.
    I would guess that the function would be added with a MEGA 360 software update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I would guess that the function would be added with a MEGA 360 software update.
    Yeah .... but the extra hardware to drive the 360 has to already be in there for the DI+units.

The SI+ units seem like they will just use the SI beam. I guess it's possible the DI units have always had SI hardware in them and the only difference between a SI and a DI is the software / firmware. That would make for less parts to stock.

Yeah .... but the extra hardware to drive the 360 has to already be in there for the DI+units.

The SI+ units seem like they will just use the SI beam. I guess it's possible the DI units have always had SI hardware in them and the only difference between a SI and a DI is the software / firmware. That would make for less parts to stock.
    Could be since I doubt Humminbird just thought about doing the MEGA 360 after making the G3N models.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    I see that my Gen 3Helix 10 Mega + Si unit is listed above as compatible but my Gen 3 Helix 10 CHIRP is not understandably. I’m assuming if I upgrade to Mega 360 I will still be able to view it on the bow Chirp unit assuming everything is linked as usual.

11. Member
    You should be able to share it on network from your compatible unit but that's maybe something waiting to be seen.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyToon View Post
    I see that my Gen 3Helix 10 Mega + Si unit is listed above as compatible but my Gen 3 Helix 10 CHIRP is not understandably. I’m assuming if I upgrade to Mega 360 I will still be able to view it on the bow Chirp unit assuming everything is linked as usual.
    This isn't a good answer to your question, but just wanted to bring up a point.... If your gen3 si+ unit is your console unit, and you are thinking that you will just hook the mega 360 to it and share to the bow unit.... you gotta check out all the details (the ones I skipped over originally ). When you hook the mega 360 up to a unit but still want to use the units other transducer, it will require a y-cable. In the case of a si unit... the y-cable removes the ability to get side imaging from the units transducer. Instead, the unit will now get side imaging from the 360 if you want to view side imaging. Sooo... using the 360's si is probably not the way most will want to see side imaging at the console. To keep side imaging coming from the transom transducer, I don't believe there is a way if you also have the mega 360 hooked up to the console unit. The y-cable will disable the si signal coming from the units transducer.

You may have read better than I did at first, but I wanted to share that with you in case you had plans to hook it up that way.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by TommyToon View Post

• Indirectly via an Ethernet subscription to

All SOLIX G2, All SOLIX “G1”, All HELIX G3N, All HELIX G2N
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Good point Joe. If I had the 360, I don't think I would want to run it back to a console unit. The installation options for bow and console have been limited somewhat with it being a direct connection to the transducer port.

https://www.humminbird.com/support/f...-time-mega-360
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Good point Joe. If I had the 360, I don't think I would want to run it back to a console unit. The installation options for bow and console have been limited somewhat with it being a direct connection to the transducer port.

https://www.humminbird.com/support/f...-time-mega-360
    A +1 for Joe ..... and that link is as close as we can come to answering the OP's #3 question.

16. Member
    Wayne,
    My apologies if this has been asked. I have a Humminbird Helix 9 Mega SI+ G3N at my console, a Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp GPS G3N at the bow, and now I'm adding Mega 360 as well. If I were to move the Helix 9 from the Bow to the Console, and the Helix 9 Mega SI+ to the bow, and connect the Mega 360 to the Mega SI+ at the bow, will I be able to display the Mega 360 image back at the console on the Helix 9 G3N? I have everything networked through a hub. I know the head unit that's connected to the Mega 360 must be a Mega DI+ or Mega SI+, but it's kind of fuzzy to me about the networking of the Mega 360, and whether the Mega 360 Image can be displayed through a network to a G3N Helix non-Mega+ unit. Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry if this has been discussed in detail.
    Very Respectfully,
    Phil Shuman
    Phil Shuman

Yes, you can share the MEGA 360 to any G2N, G3N, or G4N via Ethernet if the software versions are 2.180 or higher.

Just has to be connected to a MEGA SI+ or MEGA DI+ to run it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Thanks for the quick reply, Wayne. Of course, my biggest issue will be that the Mega SI+ transducer on the transom will be useless without the Helix 9 Mega SI+ at the console. I think I'll have to buy another Helix Mega + unit to hook the Mega 360 at the bow to so that I can use the Helix 9 Mega SI+ at the console for the Mega SI+ transom transducer.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman