Thread: 350 legend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

350 legend

Savage axis 2 or Ruger which would you go with

2. Member
    Savage hands down.... and they have rebates going on right now... what model of Savage are you looking at?

3. Member
    Axis 2 and I can get a youth stock for $30 more so it fits me better

4. Member
    Axis 2 has a the AccuTrigger and it is offered in the 350 Legend but not the compact model, which is the shorter stock version.

Best of luck...... are you looking for this season or can you wait another month (until November 1)... a birdy told me the rebates are getting better on Nov. 1st on the Axis.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Savage axis 2 or Ruger which would you go with
    I don’t have an axis, but I have multiple savage 110 and multiple rugers. Love both. Hold both and mess with both and choose the one you like best. FYI the savage tends to kick a little more but is excellent in accuracy

6. Member
    That is a cartridge made to work in an ar right? I would not own one in a bolt gun as there are far better and more established choices but in an ar they make some sense. If we are talking a model 77 ruger that would be my choice hands down but Savage is well known for building good shooting affordable rifles.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That is a cartridge made to work in an ar right? I would not own one in a bolt gun as there are far better and more established choices but in an ar they make some sense. If we are talking a model 77 ruger that would be my choice hands down but Savage is well known for building good shooting affordable rifles.
    It was actually developed to be used in the "straight wall" deer states. It is gonna be a nice 200 yd max deer rifle, with very little recoil.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If we are talking a model 77 ruger that would be my choice hands down but Savage is well known for building good shooting affordable rifles.
    I would assume he's talking about a Ruger American since they're in the same class. Model 77 will run about double the price.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, just pick the one that feels better. Doesn't the American come with the Marksman trigger now? Makes them very similar on paper

savage has a good trigger. I did get a 300 b.o. in ruger American. It's trigger is nice and it shoots good.

10. Member
    I got the axis compact. It is a sweet shooter. Only problem was the Winchester ammo I bought. The 145 gr fmj shot just fine, the 150 gr whitetail loads had 3 misfires out of the first 8 shots. Changing to Federal ammo.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stackenem View Post
    I got the axis compact. It is a sweet shooter. Only problem was the Winchester ammo I bought. The 145 gr fmj shot just fine, the 150 gr whitetail loads had 3 misfires out of the first 8 shots. Changing to Federal ammo.
    3 out of 8? WTH? I've never had a centerfire round from Winchester, Rem, or Hornady not fire.
    Last edited by BP in ME; 10-08-2019 at 10:10 PM.

12. Member
    I had four in the first box not fire. Then two out of about 6 in the next box not fire. This is in Winchester’s. I went through a box of hornadys and they all fired.

13. Member
    need option on a scope was thinking a 4 power but not sure how it would be at 150-200yards

14. Member
    thats hard to believe that there was that many in a box

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    need option on a scope was thinking a 4 power but not sure how it would be at 150-200yards
    I like a 2x7 in that range. You can go to 2 power in the woods and pick up a target easier than at higher power and 7x is plenty for under 200 yd shots. The scope will usually be a couple of ounces less than the higher magnification scopes.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    3 out of 8? WTH? I've never had a centerfire round from Winchester, Rem, or Hornady not fire.
    I tried to contact Winchester about it so far they have not answered any of the 4 emails I have sent to them. Don't like that kind of customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Member
    was able to get my hands on a savage compact and it fits good just wish it was stainless, i think i am going to just have to find a youth stock

18. Member
    If you have the savage in the regular model( no accutrigger),,, get the ecarbo spring and shim kit. Under 20 bucks and easy to put in( takes about ten minutes). Takes sideways play out and lowers poundage to three lb range. Mine came out a shade under three.

I put a Burris 2x7 on my ruger American in 450 bushmaster. You can find them for around $150. Super clear glass.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoalcreek View Post
    I had four in the first box not fire. Then two out of about 6 in the next box not fire. This is in Winchester’s. I went through a box of hornadys and they all fired.
    This is not a bottleneck case right? If you have calipers check the case length of your brass. I bet the ones that misfired are shorter than the ones that you had no problem with. You may have gotten brass that was too short or you could have a long chamber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast