Thread: 350 legend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    need option on a scope was thinking a 4 power but not sure how it would be at 150-200yards
    I'd definitely want more than a 4X for anything close to 200 yds. Nikon and Leupold are pretty safe bets in the 3X-9X category. You didn't set a budget but I'm guessing you want to stay under $200 or so? Rifleman or Vari-X I would be in that budget range (for starters). Personally, I'd spend a little more and get a Vari-X II

2. Member
    In scopes definitely a 3x9x30 or 40. When shooting at a buck 150-200 yards that 9 power comes in handy. If need different there are scopes that start at 2.5 power and go up to 10 power. (Got one on my 444 marlin that is Nikon) you will have to look and see what you like best

3. Member
    At 200 yards shooting at 200 with a 4x is like shooting at 50 with irons. 4x is plenty for most hunting situations. Where magnification comes in is when counting points and for that a binocular works much better.

4. Member
    Went and picked it up last weekend and it is comfortable to shoot just need to spend a little time shooting it i can't seem to find much info on the bushnell banner that is on it, if i sight it in at 100yards what are the approximates for the dots on the recital

5. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Went and picked it up last weekend and it is comfortable to shoot just need to spend a little time shooting it i can't seem to find much info on the bushnell banner that is on it, if i sight it in at 100yards what are the approximates for the dots on the recital
    Just line it up on a 100 yard target and see how much higher than bullseye your point of aim is for each one. Then match it to your box ballistic info. Good way to start out at least.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

6. Member
    going to get to shoot today so we will see how it all shakes out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12