Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    I was a Canterbury fan until he went poaching on Seth's hole. Not cool man, find your own fish. Was hoping Cory could've pulled it out.
    Well that is pretty sorry if the AOY is a potlicker...

Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    He’ll be a shoe in for the BPT next year. Boyd likes his style.
    You should hunt down his "was I invited to bpt" video. Haha I think not.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Yay? Seth is the real story in this tournament.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. robdy72

Quote Originally Posted by showmespec View Post
    Happy to see anyone but Cryin Chris Zaldain.....I am sure the BASS announcers will console him with their bromance!
    So I'm not the only person who's tired of the wall-to-wall coverage of Zaldain. I get that BASS needs their next KVD but they're overdoing it with Zaldain (and his dodgy first attempt at a moustache!). I never saw a mention of Blaylock or Johnston - only Zaldangerous (ugh!) and Canterbury.

And sadly, I don't think that BASS is going to spit this hook for a while yet.

6. Member
    I had an interesting experience with Scott Canterbury some years ago on Kentucky Lake. Betty and I were fishing community hole spot at the North End of the lake when a fluorescent green wrapped tournament boat approached. It pulled up within hailing distance and the driver nicely explained his situation and asked if he could fish there. I said sure. We pulled off and moved a quarter mile south on the ledge I started to fish. He started waving his arms and said that was his next spot. So we cross the lake and fished at the entrance of a bay. Sure enough Here Comes Scott with the same request. At no time did I think he was actually following me it's just we ended up on the same milk run at the same time. I pulled off and watch them and asked him what he was doing to catch all the fish and he showed me a hair jig for the first time. He easily caught much larger fish of my spots than I ever did. Some might have been enraged at such an encounter but we actually enjoyed it.

Hmm

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Didn't like the fact on day 2 that Canterbury went in on Fieders spot, he would of been sucking wind if not for that move. But on day 3 after Fieder let Gustaffen and Johnston in he kinda open the door for Canterbury to come back well, that's the way I see it anyway but Canterbury would of been hurting without encroaching on Fieders spot on day 2 jmo
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

9. Member
    Who???
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Toadee View Post
    So I'm not the only person who's tired of the wall-to-wall coverage of Zaldain. I get that BASS needs their next KVD but they're overdoing it with Zaldain (and his dodgy first attempt at a moustache!). I never saw a mention of Blaylock or Johnston - only Zaldangerous (ugh!) and Canterbury.

And sadly, I don't think that BASS is going to spit this hook for a while yet.
    Yeah, that got old really fast. He’s no Palaniuk, Lucas or J. Lee like BASS wanted him to be.

11. Member
    Two peas in a pod.

12. Member
    Congrats to Scott.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Who???
    That's what I came to ask

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I had an interesting experience with Scott Canterbury some years ago on Kentucky Lake. Betty and I were fishing community hole spot at the North End of the lake when a fluorescent green wrapped tournament boat approached. It pulled up within hailing distance and the driver nicely explained his situation and asked if he could fish there. I said sure. We pulled off and moved a quarter mile south on the ledge I started to fish. He started waving his arms and said that was his next spot. So we cross the lake and fished at the entrance of a bay. Sure enough Here Comes Scott with the same request. At no time did I think he was actually following me it's just we ended up on the same milk run at the same time. I pulled off and watch them and asked him what he was doing to catch all the fish and he showed me a hair jig for the first time. He easily caught much larger fish of my spots than I ever did. Some might have been enraged at such an encounter but we actually enjoyed it.
    This may be one of the best posts Ive ever read on BBC. Very level headed and reasonable.

If I have to suffer through another dramatic Zaldain fish catch, it will be too soon......

16. Member
    My take away from all of this is how we have new elite series anglers who are starting to become household names. Just look at this thread; Fider is clearly becoming a fan favorite, Zaldain seems to be the new fan "whipping boy," and we get the same chatter about guys moving in on guys that we have always gotten. The initial over-reaction of the great demise of BASS seems to be a thing of the past. Locally I hear a lot of favor for the Johnston brothers and I hear Benton and Gussy come up a lot as well. Scott C. had a strong year, congrats to him. Regardless of opinion I think we can all agree this award is true sign of a great angler.

Who? Honestly bass is not doing well the turn outs for the weigh ins have not been good.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

18. Member
    I thought the guys that fished FLW were in the minors? Scott moves over to the Elites and wins AOY. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    I thought the guys that fished FLW were in the minors? Scott moves over to the Elites and wins AOY. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    Matt Arey (Also from FLW) I think ended up top 10 in AOY standings.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    Who? Honestly bass is not doing well the turn outs for the weigh ins have not been good.
    According to what source? From everything I've seen and read the crowds have been good. I went to the Cayuga event and the turnout was really good, and was tough to find parking anywhere close.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast