Analog Trim Gauge Adjustmnet -V8 4Stroke

Repowered a Ranger Z20 with a new 4 stroke 225 Pro XS (2B575555). My MercMonitor digital trim works fine....but..the existing analog gauge trim sensor needs a range reset. It works but is very low on the scale. it would be good to have in usable range so I could leave Mercmonitor on other metrics such as RPM or Water Pressure.
    If I move the little puck on top of tilt cylinder to adjust analog does it impact the digital readout also?

you cant have BOTH...
    either Analogue or Digital...
    all you need to do is turn the Trim screen "POP UP" to "ON"...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Both the original analog gauge and the digital readout on new MercMonitor are actively working. I wouldn't have thought both signals (analog & digital) could come from the one puck style sensor on top of tilt cylinder.
    If both do come from this one sensor, I could adjust puck to optimize the analog gauge readout and then do a recalibration on the digital system to update to new position.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    you cant have BOTH...
    either Analogue or Digital...
    all you need to do is turn the Trim screen "POP UP" to "ON"...
    You CAN have both in this case.

Analog will essentially read only 1/4 of the gauge in the usable TRIM range. That's the way it's designed.

If you want to see a wider range, consider a System Link Gauge for TRIM (it has a HUGE needle swing for the 0-10 range, then a SMALL range for 11-25).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I thought the new 4S did not have a puck. My analog gauge is real slow to move from all the way down to any up position making any readings on trim worthless. Asked dealer about it was not adjustable like the 2S.

I found the sending unit (puck) to be non-adjustable, but I do have a decent analog gauge readout up to the 1/4 mark like Don said.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have to remember that it is a DIGITAL sensor- the PCM is outputting an "analog" signal, so it will be somewhat slower in an analog display format.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor