Thread: New Smoker

New Smoker

]I have been wanting a trailer rig for awhile and I finally made the decision to do it. I picked it up Thursday and seasoned it that evening. I had fishing trips Friday and Saturday so this morning I fired it up for the 1st smoke on it. I put a pork butt and a brisket on at 6 am this morning then added 3 racks of ribs at 11 am. Just before it was time to take the ribs off I added some smoked sausage and hot links. The smoker performed good holding between 230 - 260 degree for the whole time with me adding a split about every 45 minutes.

The wife and I kept one rack of ribs for supper and I gave my parents and a friend the other two set of ribs. I did the brisket for another friend and will take the pork butt and hot links to work tomorrow to feed the crew.
    A few pictures.

How much fire to maintain about 250 degree

Setting in its new home that a friend and I built the day after I ordered the smoker

Pork butt, brisket and ribs

Ribs done

Pork butt ready for tomorrow
    Last edited by RNF; 10-19-2019 at 08:23 AM.

2. Member
    Looking good!

Thats a good looking smoker my friend has a trager and we did pork butts this past weekend and Im still eating left overs it was so good

4. Member
    That's a real smoker right there. Love my Klose stick burner. If you ain't burning sticks your just pretending.

5. Member
    I fed about 10 guys lunch with the pork butt for a couple of days. It was good on a bun with a little Head Country sauce on it.

Where in S.E. Oklahoma are you at and I want an invite next time, LOL. That's some damn good looking Q.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RNF View Post
    I fed about 10 guys lunch with the pork butt for a couple of days. It was good on a bun with a little Head Country sauce on it.
    one of my friends lived in Tulsa for 20+ years, now he’s up here in Michigan. He introduced me to head country sauce. The original is soooo damn good! We order some every couple months.

8. Member
    Very nice smoker!!!1 do you like the hotbox?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    Very nice smoker!!!1 do you like the hotbox?
    I have not tried it out other than checking temperatures in it. I probably will not use it much when smoking at home but it will come in handy when we are camping at the lake. I fired up the smoker again this morning doing a couple of pork butts and a brisket. I gave one pork butt to a friend who kept me supplied with fresh home grow tomatoes this summer. I pulled the other and froze in vacuum sealed bags and then shared the brisket with my parents for supper tonight.

10. Member
    Looks Good! Reverse Flow, Stick Burner. Doesn't get any better than that!

11. Member
    right on
    TrackerUser

12. Member
    Thanks to all. I am really enjoying this smoker. It is a lot easier to maintain temps than the small offset I had before.

14. Member
    Beef ribs this weekend

15. Member
    That’s serious good right there. I do a lot of smoking on my Big Steel Keg (much like a egg style) you nailed it. Nice smoker by the way!

Nice stick burner. Looks like it will ast for decades. Good looking food too.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"