Ramp Question about Table Rock

I am coming down to Branson next week with my wife. She has a work thing going on so I am going to bring the boat and fish while she is doing the work thing. We are staying at the Hilton Branson Convention Center by the Bass Pro Shops at Branson Landing. My question is where is the closest and best ramp to launch from? I have never been to the lake and know nothing about it. I will be by myself so something easy would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Member
    Either State Park or Moonshine Beach would be the closest ramps I think, They are both on the same road as the dam. Moonshine is at the north end of the dam below Chateau on the Lake, The park is a little further south.

like Dan said State park and Moonshie beach are gonna be your closest two to Branson area.
    granted I would probably run to Indian point or Aunts creek area to fish if it was me. a little better fishing in the river arms than the dam area right now so they are saying.

4. Member
    Moonshine..

5. Member
    All this talk about Moonshine is making me thirsty! Too early to start??

6. Member
    Thank you all for the input!!! I've never been to the lake so it's all going to be new ot me. I have no idea where to fish. I had just planned on dropping the trolling motor and see what happened but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

7. Member
    There is a ramp on Taneycomo right by Scottys trout dock , It's within sight of the Hilton at the end of Bass Pro's parking lot. There is a decent bass population on Taney but you need to run down stream a bit.
    On Table Rock Moonshine is the closest like everyone said. I think I would drive to Kimberling city and put in at Mill Creek, that area tends to fish pretty well.

8. Member
    Depending on where you've fished before and your boat size, the dam area is pretty big water. Especially on a windy day.

Indian Point is about as close as State Park / Moonshine Beach area. A few minutes further you could be at Kimberling and dump in at Mill Creek Access. Lots of options!

Water temps are still around 80 F, fairly warm. But this cold front should help things a bit. Lots of good smallmouth being caught right now.

9. Member
    If it were me I would just launch at the ramp right up from Bass Pro shops. If you need a place to park your boat besides the Hilton they do have a campground right there. I see guys bass fish on taneycomo but it is awesome to see trout swimming in the livewell too. The trout fishing is awesome but you need a trout stamp. The Table Rock ramps are closest are mentioned above, you can always find fish without driving up to Aunts Creek, just fish around the dam and you will find some...

10. Member
    Thanks again everyone!! I'm not afraid of the big water. Other than loading and unloading the boat and that's just because I don't really want the boat beating on a dock somewhere while it's tied up. I run a 198 Champion so boat wise I'm good. Had it out on Kentucky Lake, Lake Wheeler, and Wilson Lake with no issues when the wind picked up. Sounds like most are saying that up by Kimberling may be a little better. I'll probably just put in at Moonshine the first day and see what I can find. If I don't have much luck I will drive over to Kimberling the second day and fish around there and see what happens. I appreciate the info and tips!! Tight lines all!!

11. Member
    Well thank you everyone for their input. I put in a Mooshine Beach both days I was there. I ran a couple miles up the lake and fished a different cove each day. I had a ball. I stumbled into the smallmouth bite and couldn't have been happier. First day I had 7 keeper smallmouths. Best 5 were right at 13.5 lbs. Second day I caught 5 keeper smallmouth and they went for 15 lbs and 9 oz. It was a blast. Caught them all on a big football jig in 15-20' of water. The only largemouth I caught was about 6" long on the first day. I didn't catch a lot of fish but when I did they were good ones.

72393796_10212117190043885_5875075877183684608_n.jpg71888597_10212124003614220_7700080800640794624_n.jpg72798511_10212124004774249_2681297866135175168_n.jpg71755674_10212117187763828_749906190439284736_n.jpg

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

13. Member
    Chris, I see you run a Champ, you need to come to the Rock next Oct and fish the Tournament of Champions/Bass Cat regional. We use to live outside of Perry and came down every year and now we live down here. Glad you had a great time. The Rock is awesome!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Chris, I see you run a Champ, you need to come to the Rock next Oct and fish the Tournament of Champions/Bass Cat regional. We use to live outside of Perry and came down every year and now we live down here. Glad you had a great time. The Rock is awesome!
    Yeah, I really wanted to stay and fish the Ultimate Challenge that Charger puts on down there but my daughter was a candidate for homecoming queen and that was last Friday so we had to come home for that. I plan on coming down there more now and maybe getting in one of those two tournaments next year.

15. Member
    Bring them all, the TOC is a family event more than just a pay to play tournament
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225