What's a good weedless wacky or neko hook?

I've been using a size 1 weedless trokar hook and I think 25-30 percent of the fish I hook onto I loose them. My setup is a 7' Shimano Expride A Medium power fast action using 12 lbs braid to a 3ft leader 14 lbs leader. The reason i'm using a fairly large leader is because I'm fishing lots of laydown trees and lake is fairly stained. What is a good weedless hook for wacky or neko rigs?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    gamakatsu shiner hook ,tie a weed guard on it . only wacky hook i use

3. Member
    I have been using the Berkley Fusion19 Hooks Weedless Wide Gap. I also have Gama Octopus that I tie on weed gaurds.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

4. Member
    VMC makes a good wacky and neko hook.

Weedless and good, pick one!

On a serious note, the weedless version of the VMC Neko hook is really good for hooking fish and keeping them pegged, but the fluoro weedguard isn't robust enough to be truly weedless. You can hop it around rocks and individual pieces of wood, but try working it through brush and it's going to hang up.

The new Gamakatsu G-Finesse Weedless Stinger is the best combination of weedless and good hookup / landing rates of any that I've ever used, though they also check in somewhere near $2 a hook which obviously isn't ideal. Despite the cost, it's truly the only one I've ever used where the weedguard will stop the vast majority of hangups and not mess with hooking fish. It helps that the hook has that "Nano Smoothcoat" that produces a really, really sharp hook point that lasts a long time and a thin wire that doesn't bend easily. In full disclosure, I did have the weedguard pull out on one after 10 fish or so. Ordinarily that wouldn't burn me up too much for having a hook last 10 fish, but I paid enough for them that I saved it and if it happens again I'm going to contact Gamakatsu about it.

Other weedless wacky hooks with wires, particularly the ones that loop around the hook point, are only good for missing and losing fish unless you fish a wacky worm or Neko rig on 16 lb test, a medium heavy rod, and hit them like you would a jig bite.

Just one man's opinion, for whatever it's worth!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

6. Member
    Absolutely love the G- finesse hook mentioned above.

7. Member
    1/0 owner weedless wacky. I never lose fish on it.

Jackall , ive had good success with it
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!