2100 Pro Sport set up

Hey guys, picked up my first bee a couple months ago, need some help with getting it set up. It's a 01 2100, 10" hydraulic plate, and I swapped a 05 225 Evinrude on it. So I can't get the boat to run more than 55 mph or so. I've tried 3 props, 27p txp which blew out and couldn't even get on plane, a 26p raker that is kind of beat up, and a 28p raker2 which is in good shape but blows out a little right when I get on plane but runs good until 55 or so. Getting 56-5700 rpms with the raker props but feels like the boat just hits a wall at 55. I've messed with raising/plate and trim and nothing seems to make a real noticeable difference. Seems like the boat needs more lift. Previous owned claimed he could run low 70s with the boat loaded which seems right, with a 225 efi merc.. The transom has also been rebuilt/reglassed.. Anyone have any ideas?

I am 3 1/2" below the pad with my 225 efi...I can run 65gps loaded...two large guys...empty I have had it to 68 then started walking and got skeerd...My dealer said they had it to 72 during a lake test...I run a 26p Trophy Plus...its great in the turns on the TN River...may lose a little on top end, but stable as hell until over 65

3. Member
    That's the one thing I haven't done yet is check prop-pad measurements yet.. Going to get that done asap

4. Member
    I run a 25 Renegade on my 2100 Super Vee and it jumps out of the hole. These boats don't create a lot of bow lift like one would expect. I never tried to set mine up to run fast and tweak it any because I hardly ever get over 4K RPM's, but the last time (probably 7-8 years ago) that I opened it up a little to outrun a storm it runs upper 60's with 2 people loaded with fuel and tackle. The last time I had a computer hooked up to the engine (225 Ficht) only 4% of its life had been above 5K RPM and 78% between 3-4K. Guy at the dealership couldn't believe it. These are awesome boats, best riding boat I have ever been in. Be good to it and it will be good to you. I am contemplating selling mine and getting a smaller boat since I no longer tournament fish so if you know of anyone looking for one it is probably in the best shape that you will ever find a 20 year old boat for.

5. Member
    Do you know what rpms you're getting up top with the 25p? I think I need to try something like that. I agree though it is a tank in rough water. Found that out in a derby this weekend in 3-4fters all day lol

6. Member
    It has been so long since I opened it up but I believe it is around 5700. Like I mentioned though I never messed with the jackplate height to try and get top speed. I just care about a good hole shot and getting on plane quickly.