Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 RT 188 trailer tire size

I'm not able to get to my boat until this weekend. Can someone tell me the tire size? Its about time for some new ones, and I want to do some online shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I'm not able to get to my boat until this weekend. Can someone tell me the tire size? Its about time for some new ones, and I want to do some online shopping.
    ST185/80R13

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Ok. I was thinking they were 175. I knew it was 13" rims. Thanks

4. Member
    What tires is everyone using now? The carlisles that came from the factory have been pretty good to me. I think I may stick with them. The last boat, I owned I put maxxis trailer tires on them, and was very happy but they were expensive.

5. Member
    I wanted a better quality tire than Carlisiles. I ran them for 4 years without any problems. But, there have been many problems with them and posted on here and, also, the model of tire that came with the trailer is no longer made. So, went with Hercules and they seem to be a good tire. Not that much more, maybe around $120 for the pair.

Guys i cant stress enough. Do yourselves a huge favor and get a set of 15” wheels and appropriately rated car tires that match the size of your stock tires and be done with it. 205/50r15s worked out perfect on mine and i ran cooper cs3 radials. Got a quality usa made tire with a high speed rating too. No more soft sidewalls and more than 3 brand options. Best setup i ever had by far.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Guys i cant stress enough. Do yourselves a huge favor and get a set of 15” wheels and appropriately rated car tires that match the size of your stock tires and be done with it. 205/50r15s worked out perfect on mine and i ran cooper cs3 radials. Got a quality usa made tire with a high speed rating too. No more soft sidewalls and more than 3 brand options. Best setup i ever had by far.

New rims and tires aren't really in the budget. Tires and new batteries are more important.

I would do as Roy suggested and get the rated car tires that match your size. I have replaced my tires, on other trailers, with car radial tires and have been very pleased with the results.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

9. Member
    I put a set of Duro on mine a month or so ago...I could not find a pair of American made other than the Carlisle that came on it. I got lucky for three years with them. I will see how these Duro's do? I will replace them at three years no matter how they do.

50 would be tough on the ramps around here, if you were to curb that small a sidewall you could count on buying a new rim. I've had to hop over a curb (slowly) with my trailer more than once in a tight spot. There is not a mark on my rims. I also take my boat down "improved dirt roads". Some of those roads can be a disaster depending on when the last time the state ran a machine down them LOL. I've had mud coming over the hood of my truck before from the daggum mud holes being so large. The road coming in and out of the Stick Marsh is like 7 miles long each way. Your trailer simply takes a beating. Those little sidewall tires don't fare well.

They may work well where you live and fish? I've also launched on some "improved dirt" places in Arkansas that were not much more than a place where someone took some bushes out of the lake and said hey this is the ramp LOL.

Not sure why Ranger went with the little 13's? The fenders leave very little clearance. My local tire place sells a BUNCH of tires and they recommended the Duro...so that's what I bought. I will say the sidewall is about twice as thick as the stock tire.

My Cats had car tires on them. But, they were not low profile and they were both tandem trailers. I changed them every three years as well no matter how many miles I had on them. They did just fine on that application. I don't think Cat uses car tires on their single axle applications?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    What tires is everyone using now? The carlisles that came from the factory have been pretty good to me. I think I may stick with them. The last boat, I owned I put maxxis trailer tires on them, and was very happy but they were expensive.
    My Carlilse's are hard to beat. Since I put them on new two years ago I haven't had one single issue and with over 10,000 miles on them they still look new.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

11. Member
    Kinda hard to match up a 13" rim to a 17" rim on a single axle trailer.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    My Carlilse's are hard to beat. Since I put them on new two years ago I haven't had one single issue and with over 10,000 miles on them they still look new.
    I still have my original Carlisle's on year 6 of my rig and they've given me excellent service. I don't tow as often as I used to, but I make two annual trips of 1400 miles round trip and the wear has been excellent.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

13. Member
    I have a 2015 188 with Carlisle 13 inch tires travel all over New England with no issues. Plan on changing to 13 inch heavy duty Carlisle tires in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    Kinda hard to match up a 13" rim to a 17" rim on a single axle trailer.
    Not sure i get what youre saying and who said anything about a 17” wheel? a 185/80r13 and a 205/50r 15 are the same diameter tire so fitment is a non issue. Its just the 15” has a little lower profile sidewall which is another plus since its less flex but still enough cushion.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Not sure i get what youre saying and who said anything about a 17” wheel? a 185/80r13 and a 205/50r 15 are the same diameter tire so fitment is a non issue. Its just the 15” has a little lower profile sidewall which is another plus since its less flex but still enough cushion.
    Mad bad. I my reading is not so good sometimes
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Hey no problem. Another thing those coopers for the 15” wheels i ran were $79 from tire rack free shipping no tax. I couldnt buy a tire for the 13” wheel for that and the options were minimal. I had the towmax first go around they were awful then the maxxis which werent too bad just way too soft. 13” wheel on single axle is just too small IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Without going and getting the receipt, I spent 110.00 give or take 5.00 for both of the Duro's. Thats mounted and road force balanced including 9.75% sales tax and all other fees.

Wish the Goodyear Endurance came in the right size. I'd have been on that like a duck on a junebug. Agreed the 13's are chintzy.

You got a better deal than me. The maxxis tires i got were like $95 each when i got them and i still had to mount and balance them myself. I have the equipment at work to do it but if i didnt thats just more to the total for basically a barely adequate tire setup.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Member
    Whatever tire you end up getting, protect your investment by replacing your existing leaf springs. When the stock springs go the fender will eat that tire before you even know what happened. Cheap insurance and pretty easy to change on your own.

20. Banned
    I had a single axle one time and used 6 ply tires that I saw on here. Best trailer tire I've ever used and it was nice not to worry about damaging them with the weight of the fiberglass boat. I wish my rt had 14 inch rims so I could run those again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast