13 fishing "Inception" baitcaster drag issue

Hi all

Looking for any suggestions/opinions and or fixes

Have a 13 fishing Inception baitcaster..2 years old and the drag slips even when I have cranked it down and cant crank it down anymore..

Hoping someone can tell me how to repair or suggest a good place to send for repair

Thanks for any help
    Basscat P4

Unless you've really been putting the reel's drag through its paces enough to wear out the drag washer, I'm guessing it's gotten some grease on it. Manufacturers tend to over-grease reels from the factory knowing that the average angler will not service them. This results in less than ideal performance for those that do service them regularly, but much better longevity for the average angler that does not. The other side effect of this is that grease ends up "bleeding" over to places it's not designed to be.

I've not taken an inception apart, but just about every reel out there can be disassembled with a smallish screwdriver and small crescent wrench. Take it apart from the handle until you get to the drag washer (lay the pieces out in the order they come off so you can put them back on in order). I bet when you get to it you'll find what the issue is; I suspect wiping it off on a paper towel a few times will fix.

It can't hurt to try and find a schematic of the reel so you know what you're looking at and looking for when going into it. Those are widely available online. Here's 13's repository of schematics, easily downloadable: http://www.13fishing.com/reel-schematics-sheet/
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Are you running braid?

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. I took the reel apart and cleaned most of the oil and grease out of it. Added afew drop of yellow rocket fuel. Adjusted tension knob and drag. Seems to be ok.

I was using the reel for punching..65lb braid but have about 50 yards of 10lb mono backing. I know the drag isnt all that strong but figured it would be enough for these east coast bass.

Ive since changed my punching reel with the "Concept A"
    Basscat P4