Fortrex 360 Broken tension screws in bracket lock.

https://postimg.cc/jwJ8mnHw

Did this tonight while repositioning pod and wanting a tighter fit on tm shaft. I adjusted the tension Screws to tight or unevenly. Stupid move. Screws broken off inside. Can this be fixed or order new part?

2. Member
    Drill them out and retap and buy new screws of proper size.
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    If by some random reason anyone has an extra or damaged 360 bracket laying around for parts, I'd be interested in purchasing the above piece. A friend with a machine shop managed to get one to where I could get it out. And a new screw fits it fine. But the other won't go even though it has a hole reamed through the old stuck screw. I don't know how knowledgeable my friend is but he did get the screws to where one came out and the other looks like it should. But no luck so far. Humminbird doesn't sell this piece separate. I'll have to buy the $236 bracket.

If the remaining screw already has a hole through it, drill through that hole with the tap drill size for the existing thread and run a tap through it to rethread the hole. I would go .003 to .005 over the tap drill size to help get the tap started.
    The drilling will need to be done in a drill press with the part firmly held in alignment. Use a taper tap for the first time through to make it easier to start and use lots of lube or tap magic. You can use a plug tap after the taper tap to finalize the threads.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    If the remaining screw already has a hole through it, drill through that hole with the tap drill size for the existing thread and run a tap through it to rethread the hole. I would go .003 to .005 over the tap drill size to help get the tap started.
    The drilling will need to be done in a drill press with the part firmly held in alignment. Use a taper tap for the first time through to make it easier to start and use lots of lube or tap magic. You can use a plug tap after the taper tap to finalize the threads.
    Thanks for taking the time to send this. I had never done this before but a buddy of mine managed to get the other one out. I learned they were 8-32 screws. I went and got new stainless ones and they worked. The one side is a little rough to get screwed in but I managed. The piece will rarely ever get adjusted so I didn't figure it necessary to re-tap. That's something I've never done before and I don't have a drill press. But I learned something. Thanks again