2014 225HO ETEC lower unit oil capacity

Hoping someone can help, need to get oil to change my lower unit lube for the first time. From what I’ve read HPF Pro is the right oil. Question is how much? Is a quart(32oz) enough or do I need 2? I don’t have a motor manual and sure don’t want to run short.
    Thank for the help!
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Member
    YOU NEED 2
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

3. Member
    Yup, 2
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    Two it is, thanks guys
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    It’s just a hair more than 1, and you never get 100% out of those quart containers anyway.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Magnum case will take more than the regular cases...

7. Member
    M2 gearcases hold 1150ml (39oz) in my language. HPF Pro come in 945ml (32oz) so as the guys have said you will two. Do not forget to replace the drain screw washers either.

You can also save some money with buying by the gallon

HPF PRO 1 GAL
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

9. Member
    Thanks guys two quarts, a pump, and washers on the way! First year with this boat and really loving it.

10. Member
    does anyone have video of lower oil change on 200 HO G2 ?
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not a video but a step by step from our friends at Barnacle Bill's

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post...change-7770759

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    That’s a good step-by-step summary. I’d like to emphasize, however, the importance of filling between the lines on the lube reservoir, and not all the way to the top line [or heaven forbid, beyond]. With warm weather, the lube could expand and, if overfilled, create enough pressure to blow off that top reservoir hose. That’s not good. Conversely, if you fill too quickly and don’t have the lube level a little above the bottom line, trapped air eventually will escape, and then your lube level will be low. Perhaps even low enough that it won’t be visible in the reservoir at all. In such cases, there is probably still enough lube in the case to sufficiently lubricate your gears. But it can be a bit upsetting if you pop off the starboard panel and don’t see any lube in the reservoir. Take it slow and easy when replacing the lube, and air in the gear case hopefully will not be much of a factor in displacing lubricant.

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    That’s a good step-by-step summary. I’d like to emphasize, however, the importance of filling between the lines on the lube reservoir, and not all the way to the top line [or heaven forbid, beyond]. With warm weather, the lube could expand and, if overfilled, create enough pressure to blow off that top reservoir hose. That’s not good. Conversely, if you fill too quickly and don’t have the lube level a little above the bottom line, trapped air eventually will escape, and then your lube level will be low. Perhaps even low enough that it won’t be visible in the reservoir at all. In such cases, there is probably still enough lube in the case to sufficiently lubricate your gears. But it can be a bit upsetting if you pop off the starboard panel and don’t see any lube in the reservoir. Takee it slow and easy when replacing the lube, and air in the gear case hopefully will not be much of a factor in displacing lubricant.
    I believe I'll take a vacation from posting. You seem to know the ins an outs of the g2's and Seahorse gave the step by step process for the gearcase fluid replacement. You seem to know the complete process on how it is performed I'll recommend you to Al for a replacement mod. I seem to have no credibility here. Thanks John for pointing out my short comings!

14. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Huh? That’s over the top, man. In no way was I disrespecting you. And I certainly don’t know 1% of what you know about Johnson/Evinrude engines. I had just gone through a bit of a snafu myself, however, concerning the gear lube in my G2 and had an extended discussion of the ins and outs with my local certified tech. So the details were fresh in my mind, and because the procedure can be a little tricky, thought [“thought” is the operative term] I could do the questioner a favor by emphasizing the things to beware of. Did not mean to step on any toes. I would be a lousy mod here, at least in the sense of answering their questions. But as a lifelong Evinrude owner and former Evinrude dealer, I plead guilty to having a profound interest in keeping Evinrude folk happy with their engine choice.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Not a video but a step by step from our friends at Barnacle Bill's

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post...change-7770759
    thank you very much ChampioNman, that was as good as a video ! thank you for your expertise !
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries