Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Job market. Lost my job

Well on the 20th this month I was called to come out of the field to the office to meet my boss who drove in from 4 hours away. Upon arrival I was told I was being terminated. I worked for BNSF railway as an exempt officer for 6.5 years and it came as a shock to say the least. Weak and a half later I now know the true reason as my job isn’t being back filled but my territory is being consolidated and absorbed by three others.

To to make this short and sweet I essential was a project manager for bridge construction. I have been looking and the job market is pretty strong however I am struggling to land some leads. A lot of what I have heard is I have the skills and experience for project management related jobs but lake the commercial construction experience.

Looking for any advice you all may have. Wife and I are open to moving about anywhere in the us as well. This has just been a overall terrible situation but one we hope to come through ok. Just would like to get back to work before we burn through our 6 months of savings.

2. Member
    Sounds like you had a plan saving 6 months...good deal

Are there still and gas any oil jobs in your neck of the woods? They pay well. Rough hours but money is pretty solid

Good luck man, I'm sure you will find something
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

3. Member
    Sucks to lose your job this close to winter.

4. Member
    Unfortunately I do t have any leads or advice but I do hope everything works out for the best. Employer's only see employees as numbers now days. I started working for myself about 15 years ago. That way I am in charge of my own destiny. Good luck!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

I hope ya land on your feet.

Sorry to hear that any chance you can go work for another railway with your experience or is it not like the railroad companys

7. Member
    Sorry to hear this, if you don't have a LinkedIn profile I would recommend it. You will want to connect with as many recruiters in your field as possible as well as peers and people you had working relationships with.

8. Member
    hope you get back on your feet bud. seems like you got your head on right. you'll land on your feet soon i bet.

9. Member
    best wishes sir, I'm always worried about mine. Corporate bs has me uneasy most days.

10. Member
    Praying you find a great job soon.
    Praying for a Cure

11. Member
    Look up Lunda construction in Wisconsin Google
    518 DVX

12. Member
    Contact these guys, right up your alley. https://www.dbiservices.com/job-opportunities

Not a good thing that you are going thru but you and your family will get through this and it will all work out. May I suggest...at a time like this you may want to reflect on what you have. Especially your family and your health. I honestly think, situations that occur in our lives that hurt is a test of our fortitude and perseverance...you and your family will make it work!!

Good luck and God Bless!!!!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

14. Member
    Contact Beran construction in Wichita.

15. Member
    How a out another job with the railroad? I know CP was hiring here locally.

My wife is retired RR and I believe they let a lot of people go at 6 to 6 years 5 months because at 6.5 years they have to offer you another job in the system . I may be wrong about this . She had 27 with RR and her office moved to Washington D C and she wasn't going to go but picked up a job with NS and they let her go at 6 years ( she was not unhappy ) because she was a UNION employee and they would have to offer a job for as long as she wanted at 6.5 years , NS said it was bull shit because they wanted her to stay .
    Last edited by LTZ25; 09-30-2019 at 07:48 PM.

17. Member
    hang in there - keep interviewing for practice

just keep plugging away and applying - something will come about.

Look for state jobs in your area or contractor jobs that are contracted out through companies that specialize in your field. Most states contract out everything within city limits just a thought . Hope all ends well keep your head up keeping a positive attitude is key

19. Banned
    Prayers sent for y’all. It will all work out!

20. Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast