Jason Christy Livescope

Whats going on with the display on this video? Not sure I have seen this on my setup. Its amber but also has blue spots.

Is that just because of the "trails" setting?

2. Member
    Yes
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks.

i must always have trails turned off.

4. Member
    How do you get the menu tabs on the bottom like he has?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l View Post
    Take those settings off auto and restart the system. I figured it out by accident a week or so back.

This is on an 8612.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Take those settings off auto and restart the system. I figured it out by accident a week or so back.

This is on an 8612.

New to Garmin, trying to setup 1242xsv but not able to find the correct path(Take those settings off auto and restart the system) to place the menu tabs on the bottom of the screen.
    Would someone please post a step by step procedure to accomplish placing the menu tab on the bottom of the screen.
    Thanking you in advance.

7. Member
    What unit he is using for livescope ? I am looking for 12” right now . Any advice. Thanks guys

8. Member
    Well if your looking for a 12" your options are basically the echomap ultra 12 or the GPSmap 8612xsv. There are other 12" options that would work but you'd be missing out on some more modern features

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    Well if your looking for a 12" your options are basically the echomap ultra 12 or the GPSmap 8612xsv. There are other 12" options that would work but you'd be missing out on some more modern features
    100% incorrect. I had the 1242 and it's a great LS unit.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twh57 View Post

New to Garmin, trying to setup 1242xsv but not able to find the correct path(Take those settings off auto and restart the system) to place the menu tabs on the bottom of the screen.
    Would someone please post a step by step procedure to accomplish placing the menu tab on the bottom of the screen.
    Thanking you in advance.
    With the 1242 you take the settings off of auto and when you push the knob in it will change what it being adjusted. If I remember correctly only range and gain will work this way. It's been a few months for the 1242.

11. Member
    pfisher is correct. I have a Gen3 1242XSV non-touch for my Livescope. Instead of two separate touch menu's like Jason Christy's units, you will have a circle menu at the bottom of your screen. Go to your hard keys, push down the top round button, and it toggles between range and gain. Select the one you wish to change, and turn the hard key knob to raise or lower your range or gain.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    With the 1242 you take the settings off of auto and when you push the knob in it will change what it being adjusted. If I remember correctly only range and gain will work this way. It's been a few months for the 1242.