quicksilver contact

Does anyone know of an email address or tech phone number for Quicksilver products? I'm trying to find info on a Torq-flo hub application. Pse and thanks

2. Member
    Mercury makes quicksilver.
    It is just branding is all. Call mercury.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also check out the Announcements (for required info) and FAQ Section (at the top of this Forum) as it has some hub information for 4-Stroke models.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    ok, thankyou

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Also check out the Announcements (for required info) and FAQ Section (at the top of this Forum) as it has some hub information for 4-Stroke models.
    Thanks, but I'm actually trying to find out why the Flo-torq IV (four) kit for Yamaha lists most motors up to 300hp but does not include the SHO. I have a 200 SHO with a LOT of prop chatter when I use a 4-blade with the Flo-torq II hub kit. No dealer that I've asked knows. Since it's a Mercury product I'm hoping someone on this site might know someone I could contact. Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by McQuaig; 10-13-2019 at 07:20 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    Thanks, but I'm actually trying to find out why the Flo-torq IV (four) kit for Yamaha lists most motors up to 300hp but does not include the SHO. I have a 200 SHO with a LOT of prop chatter when I use a 4-blade with the Flo-torq II hub kit. No dealer that I've asked knows. Since it's a Mercury product I'm hoping someone on this site might know someone I could contact. Thanks for any info.
    If you would have said this from the beginning, you would probably already had your answer!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Which FT-II Hub kit are you using (Part Number)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Which FT-II Hub kit are you using (Part Number)?
    Hi...I tried the kit #8M0075402 that's listed for the SHO and torqued to 100lbs as per instructions. The one thing I noticed is the part number (8M0042201) of the splined adapter that came with my hub kit is a different part number than the one listed by Qsilver (adapter #826074Q1) for that kit. It also fits very loose in the plastic sleeve. So, i'm trying to find out if the FT-IV kit #835271Q09 will work for SHO. It lists other Yamahas up to 300hp, but not the SHO. Thank you for any info...

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There apparently is a one-piece and a two-piece thrust washer (OEM Yamaha), which determines which FT-II hub kit can be used.

I do not see a FT-IV listing for the SHO.

10. Member
    There apparently is a one-piece and a two-piece thrust washer (OEM Yamaha), which determines which FT-II hub kit can be used.

I do not see a FT-IV listing for the SHO.
    Thankyou for checking EuropeanAM. I do have the 2-piece washer, so I used the correct kit for that. And you're right, there isn't a listing shown for SHO for FT-IV. Hopefully I can find and talk to a flo-torq/Merc rep at a boat show this winter to find out why the FT-IV kit for the other Yamahas doesn't work ( or maybe it will).
    Last edited by McQuaig; 10-17-2019 at 05:25 PM.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I "suspect" that you could substitute the FT-IV Sleeve and Aft Adapter from Part# 835271Q09 (utilizing the thrust washer, washer, nut and cotter pin from the 8M0075402 Hub Kit).

This isn't something I've tried, but based on the differences in the FT-II kits, the above should work.

12. Member
    I "suspect" that you could substitute the FT-IV Sleeve and Aft Adapter from Part# 835271Q09 (utilizing the thrust washer, washer, nut and cotter pin from the 8M0075402 Hub Kit).

This isn't something I've tried, but based on the differences in the FT-II kits, the above should work.
    Yes, that's what I was hoping might work. I'll probably try it and will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help.