Question Prop to pad measurement

I have a 2016 fx21 with 7dots showing, 3rd hole. With my motor trimmed up to my current top speed position on my gauge my ptp is 1/2 over pad. I’m at 70 @ 6000 full load by myself, 68 with two people. Is this the right place to measure? I’ve seen videos of leveling the motor, when I do that I’m only 3/4 of the way trimmed up. I’m looking for more speed. Water pressure is 16. I have the factory 25T1 prop. If I’m measuring it correctly , do I need to go up or down in the jackplate? Thanks!

2. Member
    I would try going down a bit.

3. Member
    I did some more reading on ptp measurement. I made sure the boat was level at the pad, and then leveled the motor. I was 2in below pad. Went from 7 dots to 5, water tested and speed was still 68 with 2 people but the rpms were at 5850. Went up to 9 dots, rpms came back up but speed was 67. I got dots 6 and 8 to try tomorrow.

4. Member
    On my zx hull I went from 4 to 9 dots with minimal change. Settled in at 8.5 or so and started playing with weight distribution. I moved everything but my rods and lures to the back and went from 68 to 72.5. Not sure why but at least my hull is very weight sensitive

5. Member
    I don't think you are going to see much improvement from what you already tried. Getting the prop worked is probably going to be your best option.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    I don't think you are going to see much improvement from what you already tried. Getting the prop worked is probably going to be your best option.
    I agree with this. 7 dots was pretty good at 6000 rpm. Try weight distribution and getting the prop worked by one of the best.

7. Member
    Talked with the guy at lake Lanier prop, when I told him what boat I had, he literally fished my sentence, he said you probably run 70 @ 6000 with little to no lift, he said he could fix it....ding ding lol. Going to send it out to him later this week, will post results when I get it back. I lowered the JP to the 8th dot, but at this point it really doesn’t matter since I’m getting prop worked. Thanks for all the input ��!

8. Member
    **update** when I removed prop to send out I noticed my hub was cracked in 3 places. Taking to dealer to “try” to get warranty on it. I’ve heard the 25t2 replacement props are on back order. In the mean time I’ve talked to Andrew at lake Lanier, He’s getting me a 25 scorpion an doing a custom job on it. I also sent out ecu yesterday to hydrotec to have it flashed to a 300 with a 6200 limiter. The prop is also being worked for the flash as well as getting balanced and blueprinted. Maybe be a couple weeks before I gets all this back together, but I will post results. Thanks for the input!

9. Member
    IMG_3192.JPG
    Maybe this will help.
    Go Gators!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ST8Bugging View Post
    IMG_3192.JPG
    Maybe this will help.
    Thanks. that’s how I’d did it the second time. I was 2in below pad

11. Member
    Update- my custom prop won’t be in till this Friday. I was able to borrow a stock 25-T2. With my flashed 250 to 300 ecu and the JP at 8 dots, I was able to hit 77mph. From 65-75 the acceleration set you back. It’s was like I had a completely different engine.i could cruise at 65@ 5300rpms. I can’t wait to get new custom prop put on Friday. I will post Pictures of the speed as well. As far as I’m concerned the $692 for the flash is the best money I’ve spent so far, I also believe the JP setup has a lot to do with it as well.

My Zx250 is also flashed and she runs best at 7-8 dots on the plate. Solo I’m 75-77 depending on conditions and 72-74 with full tournament load. I’m running a 25 T1 worked by Mark. I noticed a huge difference once I got my prop worked. Getting these hulls setup is key to get the most out of the flash and boat in general. Get the weight in the back. I would also agree the flash is by far the best money I ever spent. I’d love to empty the boat out and see what her best overall speed could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cstrode55 View Post
    Update- my custom prop won’t be in till this Friday. I was able to borrow a stock 25-T2. With my flashed 250 to 300 ecu and the JP at 8 dots, I was able to hit 77mph. From 65-75 the acceleration set you back. It’s was like I had a completely different engine.i could cruise at 65@ 5300rpms. I can’t wait to get new custom prop put on Friday. I will post Pictures of the speed as well. As far as I’m concerned the $692 for the flash is the best money I’ve spent so far, I also believe the JP setup has a lot to do with it as well.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4