Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I think you are like me. I have all kinds of Bolt guns to hunt with but I'm also thinking of getting an AR platform. Me personally I'm looking for a 308 because I think the 223 is some what light for deer around here. Yes a 223 will kill a deer but I think a 308 is far better at those targets. Rock River makes some that feel good but I haven't shot any of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I have a DPMS AP4 LR 308 with a Luepold VX111 1.5x6 scope

Perfect for deer hunting, handy, accurate & not to heavy. There are better out there, but for the $$$ mine is hard to beat.

That being said 90% of the time i just grab my bolt gun when walking into the woods.

Good Luck - Go UCF
    I looked at the DPMS and am considering. There's just so many different options and options to those options... Not like college ball, where we all get along.. Roll Tide..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I looked at the DPMS and am considering. There's just so many different options and options to those options... Not like college ball, where we all get along.. Roll Tide..

Yes, there are so many good options! Time is right to buy too. I'd do it soon before the election rhetoric heats up. LWRC makes a very nice on too, you just have to decide on budget.

We all get along in CFB too, the banter is what makes it fun. Going to be a huge game vs LSU, good luck.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Member
    I'm not sure if you are interested in building as opposed to just buying, but you can build yourself a hell of an AR for less than buying the big names pre-built.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12