Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    The reason you want find much info on Cumberland fishing in the fall is because a lot of people who fish are hunters and they are in the woods. About the only people on the lake mid October to early spring are you dedicated fishermen. I was browsing youtube tonight and ran across this video. The people in it are well known in the state of KY because one is the current host of the TV show KY Afield and the other is a former host of KY Afield. A little un-know fact about that show is its the longest running outdoor show in the United States and its also the 4th oldest current running show on TV in the Unites States. It first aired in 1952 and is still making 1 show per week.

A little history about the TV show...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Afield

Anyways they plainly state at the 8:25 mark that it is late summer and almost fall. Rarely will you find a bass show about Cumberland in that time frame. 95% are late fall,winter or spring. Anyways I thought the video might give you an idea of how I described the lake. Steep walls, vertical banks and clear water. In the video it "appears" to be about 10 or so feet low. It's well over 20 right now and will be when you get here barring an epic flood. The guy who was fishing with the fly rod does that all the time because he has no use of his right arm. I have seen him fish many times and a fly rod is what he typically uses but on occasion I see him use spinning or baitcasting equipment. I would have never thought about using fly equipment but Tim (former TV host) clearly caught more with a top water popper than Chad (current TV host). I never could tell what Chad was throwing but it looked like a small creature bait.

I guarantee they were on the lower end of the lake. At the beginning I can tell they are unloading at Halcomb's Landing, which is the boat ramp at the dam. Plus you can see the dam in the background at the :31 mark. I also recognize one or two places based on the background. I am not positive but I think I know where the 19" SM came from because the island in the background looks familiar. It's really hard to make out where your at on Cumberland on the lower end based on a video because it all looks the same. Even though I am positive they were main lake I also saw what looks like the front part of a creek. Anyways location of where they are at is irrelevant. I just wanted you to see what the lake will look like when your here. Imagine it down several more feet and probably a little more clear.
    It's a great show and Tim still cooks on Tim Farmers Country Kitchen. My parents watch and record both every Saturday night. Thanks for the video as I have never fished Cumberland either.

2. Member
    Long shot....but does anyone make the Herring Head underspins somewhat locally?

Cumberland Pro lures May have something similar
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Ramp is not closed - it’s fine
    Yeah, I’m not sure where he got that info. The big C is also on fire right now.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyToon View Post
    Long shot....but does anyone make the Herring Head underspins somewhat locally?
    Just buy ballheads. No need to overthink it.

6. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Burnside marina ramp is out of water I believe. Not Burnside Island. I believe that is where the confusion is coming from.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Burnside marina ramp is out of water I believe. Not Burnside Island. I believe that is where the confusion is coming from.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    It was at about 3-4 weeks ago when I was the the barber shop and was told the ramp at Burnside was closed. Then someone on here verified the Burnside ramp is actually open. Then you verified both stories are actually true because they are talking about two different ramps but both are located at Burnside...I don't have a facebook account but if a page is set for public viewing I can look at it. There is in fact two boat ramps at Burnside.

There is one at Burnside Safe Harbor Marina which is the one that is closed due to low water. Here is a facebook link with a picture of the ramp and a timestamp of September 14... https://www.facebook.com/safeharborb...type=3&theater

Here is the Burnside Ramp on the backside of the island behind the golf course. This ramp is open and it is also the ramp the FLW Costa is going out of. If you click on pictures you will find two pictures of the ramp with a timestamp of October 5...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burns...51805251526526

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12