Banned

Levante gen1 & XX gen2 flipping rod

Do any of you guys know how close in tip action the gen1 Levante flipping rod and gen2 XX flipping rod are? My gen2 XX perfect pitch is quite a bit stiffer over my Levante gen1. Wish I could find a few more gen1 Levantes.

The Flipping Special was discontinued in the G2 versions of the Levante and the Orochi XX. There will only be G1 models of each.

3. Banned
    Markster, I looked at the Megabass site and the akyls (if I remembered those letters correctly) is their new flipping rod. Do you know if it’s a pool cue or does it have some soft tip to it?
    Last edited by grout-scout; 09-30-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Markster, I looked at the Megabass site and the akyls (if I remembered those letters correctly) is their new flipping rod. Do you know if it’s a pool cue or does it have some soft tip to it?

The Aklys is a whupping stick. Its is notably more stout and larger dimensions than the Flipping Special. I feel like the Levante version is a tad softer.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-30-2019 at 09:24 PM.

5. Banned
    Thank you sir.

I never used the flipping special but man do I love my Akyls. It has more weight in the butt end which gives the rod incredible balance once you get a reel on it. It has enough tip that you dont have to swing for the fences on a hookset and it has more than enough backbone to drag fish out of about any cover.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    I never used the flipping special but man do I love my Akyls. It has more weight in the butt end which gives the rod incredible balance once you get a reel on it. It has enough tip that you dont have to swing for the fences on a hookset and it has more than enough backbone to drag fish out of about any cover.
    Sounds like I’ll have to end up with one. The flipping special is amazingly sensitive for its length, actually makes a great pitching rod too. Hopefully the XX is the same way.

Sounds like I’ll have to end up with one. The flipping special is amazingly sensitive for its length, actually makes a great pitching rod too. Hopefully the XX is the same way.

Just as a suggestion maybe try to get your hands on a MB US Destroyer Valdivia. They get listed here at times at great prices. Good stick for what you want to use it for.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just as a suggestion maybe try to get your hands on a MB US Destroyer Valdivia. They get listed here at times at great prices. Good stick for what you want to use it for.

Man this will sound really stupid, but I’m scared to try a rod that nice. If I like it, it’s gonna start to put a hurt to my wallet. Next thing I know, I’ll be wanting more of them and that’s gonna hurt $$$.

Man this will sound really stupid, but I’m scared to try a rod that nice. If I like it, it’s gonna start to put a hurt to my wallet. Next thing I know, I’ll be wanting more of them and that’s gonna hurt $$$.

Saw a couple on here for same price or less than the XX.