Thread: Harris Chain

Harris Chain

Leaving Thursday to fish a small club tournament at the Harris Chain on Saturday/Sunday. Looking for info on what to throw and what to look for. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any responses or pm me a number I can call for a discussion. Thank you

2. Member
    Sunday I found some fish around double run. I ran some spots in Harris Eustis and Haines Creek. the only fish I caught were around Double Run

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thank you for the info

That's my home chain. Speed worms in watermelon red and June Bug are good in heavy grass and over submerged grass beds. Try several of the residential canals off the Dead River between Eustis and Harris. The grass beds off the mouth of Haines Creek from 100 to 200k+ yards out can produce good bass with a drop shot rigged with Speed worms or Senkos too. Good luck.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

5. Member
    Hi all, had a great time at Harris. We met 2 key people that helped us dial in the bite. We won our little tournament and had right at 18 lbs the first day. And Sunday was not as productive due to the wind. Thanks guys!!! You know who you are. Would not hesitate to return to Harris chain.

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Nice weight! Harris can be a great place. This time of year it beats me up usually so good on you
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    going to Harris this weekend any help is appreciated PM me. Thanks
    Last edited by joby1; 10-15-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

8. Member
    There is a big memorial tournament for Glenn Browne on Harris Saturday. Over 100 boats signed up as of last weekend. Should be a good tournament in memory of a good guy and great fisherman. I'm fishing it (donating..lol) with my wife. Problem is we found fish in Harris, Little Harris and Griffin. All the same size. We are on pace for a 12 to 14 pound limit, which wont get it done.
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    oh man i forgot about that tournament. I assume they will be going out of Hickory Point?
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

10. Member
    No Venetian/ski beach. The new ramp. They are up to 5 flights of 25 boats per flight.
    Brad Krone

11. Member
    Headed to the Glenn Browne Tournament from Texas. Anybody willing to give any suggestions on where to go or what I should be doing?