Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joined the Nitro family

So Friday I finalized a deal on a leftover 19 z18. I'm pretty pumped and a little nervous all at once. Pick the boat up on Friday after the installs all the goodies. Being from wisconsin my season is winding down. So my question is would you guys break the motor in this year or put a coat of wax on her and wait till spring.

2. Member
    Congrats! I still fish from a 2013 Z7 and love it. Break it in and you can just fish during the Spring!

3. Member
    I would get it out and at least break the motor in since the warranty period has started. If you was to have some problems you would have the off season to get them fixed and you would have a better feel of the boat if you wanted to do some upgrades over the winter.It is doubtful you would have problems but if you waited until next spring to find them you could miss some fishing time next year for repairs.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    I would get it out and at least break the motor in since the warranty period has started. If you was to have some problems you would have the off season to get them fixed and you would have a better feel of the boat if you wanted to do some upgrades over the winter.It is doubtful you would have problems but if you waited until next spring to find them you could miss some fishing time next year for repairs.
    Missing time next year is my biggest fear. The only reason I was thinking put it up for the winter is because fall just flies by and I was thinking it would be one less headache

5. Member
    You answered your own question... wax it and put it up.
    2015 189 trx

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    This sounds like very good advice.

Welcome to the family! I absolutely love mine and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. As for your question, I would do the break in now so come spring you and your Nitro will be ready to go.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

8. Member
    I just picked up a 2007 single console 519 well equipped with a 200 opti on the back. Seems like a pretty sweet rig so far..

9. Member
    You live less than an hour from some of the best smallmouth fishing on the planet. I’d get that thing broke in on the Fox River of the Bay and fish Door County until it freezes!

Congrats on the new ride.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Decided she's getting wet. Gonna skip bow hunting this year and fish till my rod guides freeze

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will1029 View Post
    Decided she's getting wet. Gonna skip bow hunting this year and fish till my rod guides freeze
    That's the spirit!

13. Member
    Good call!

14. Member
    I figured you would come to your senses with very little shaming.

15. Member
    Boat didn't get prepped in time for me to have it this weekend, power poles took a little longer to get than expected, hopefully Monday.

16. Member
    Fall is great fishing and you shouldn't miss it. Get the break in done and get some good fishing in. If you don't you will be kicking yourself all winter. Congrats

17. Banned
    Congratulations. They are nice boats.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    Fall is great fishing and you shouldn't miss it. Get the break in done and get some good fishing in. If you don't you will be kicking yourself all winter. Congrats
    I'm with these guys. Break-in now and fish as time/weather permits.
    Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

19. Member
    We will fish till the lakes turn solid in MN. Good choice to get her wet. New z18 DC 175 proxs 4 stroke for us this summer too. Great boat motor combo
    IMG_8132.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar

This. Congrats and welcome to the Nitro family!

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast