Comer bridge ramp on Guntersville?

I'll be saying and fishing in that area. Is the ramp safe for parking and are there hazards when idling out to the main channel? Thanks

2. Member
    We used it last week. The parking lot was full, no issues at all.

3. Member
    I am not a fan of that ramp. Over the years, I have picked up 2 nails in trailer tires there. Plus if it's crowded, it's a cluster.
    I haven't been there this year, but the route out to the channel (at the bridge) is narrow especially when you get close to the river.
    There used to be a small marker on the left side on the way out. If it's still there, get close to it as it's really shallow on the road (rip rap) side.
    Goose Pond and Jackson County Park are much better choices and not that far away.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I am not a fan of that ramp. Over the years, I have picked up 2 nails in trailer tires there. Plus if it's crowded, it's a cluster.
    I haven't been there this year, but the route out to the channel (at the bridge) is narrow especially when you get close to the river.
    There used to be a small marker on the left side on the way out. If it's still there, get close to it as it's really shallow on the road (rip rap) side.
    Goose Pond and Jackson County Park are much better choices and not that far away.
    Thank you!

5. Member
    Drove by yesterday and it looks like it was recently repaved. I'd hope that nails would've be an issue now, but it does get harry when crowded. I still use it for tournaments going out of the Harbor.