Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post
    There is no school in Kansas for federal air traffic controllers and there is no once a year "drawing" to get into the school that isn't in Kansas. There are no "automatics" in the hiring process and no "random selections". There have been several CTI bids, and off the street bids in the past four years. Trust me, we need people but it takes a lot of follow through and you likely won't be going to your location of choice if you make it through training in Oklahoma City. You may not have the whole story from someone, but what you posted is mostly wrong.

But blame Obama.
    Flying last week I heard something I’ve never heard before. Fort Worth Center was holding for DFW airport, airport was not taking arrivals. I could sense the controller was getting pretty stressed and of course he was getting question after question as to why they were holding. Controller then went off and said, “we’re just holding for sh_ts and giggles”. There was a little more to the conversation but the guy was pissed. Next call was a different controller. I was surprised there wasn’t the typical 20 smart responses by pilots but there was dead silence after the remark by the controller.
    Last edited by C130; 09-30-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Double post.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Luckily the service trains a lot for these jobs. It is Very expensive to go to a university to get a degree as a commercial pilot or mechanic.
    Yup!!! Myself and many of my coworkers are prior military.

4. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Flying last week I heard something I’ve never heard before. Fort Worth Center was holding for DFW airport, airport was not taking arrivals. I could sense the controller was getting pretty stressed and of course he was getting question after question as to why they were holding. Controller then went off and said, “we’re just holding for sh_ts and giggles”. There was a little more to the conversation but the guy was pissed. Next call was a different controller. I was surprised there wasn’t the typical 20 smart responses by pilots but there was dead silence after the remark by the controller.
    Hmm. The piling on from the anonymous could have been good...

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

5. Member
    disaster clean up and toxic sludge removal. We will soon have polluted the planet to the point of no return

Budtenders are in great demand in Oklahoma these days.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Being a Man bun sculptor....

8. Member
    roofers and road paving. pretty hot jobs and dont think thats gonna change much.

9. Member
    Lazer tata removal comes to mind. it seems that when people grow up they are going to realize those ugly tattoos don't look as good as they thought they did when they were drunk.

10. Member
    Told my kids they should be plastic surgeons, because there's gonna be a whole lot of people with giant holes in their ear lobes that will want them fixed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234