Lake Erie Early Fall Transition Bass

I put together a little video showing some tactics and places to look for those early fall transition bass on Lake Erie.

Still waiting for the invite! Nice video...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Still waiting for the invite! Nice video...
    Mike you would go bonkers only being able to fish 3 or 4 hours! Even when I head to St. Clair it's over in the morning. Next question is do you have the patience in that short amount of time to wait on me messing with cameras to get the right angles. lol If you seen how much time I actually get to fish you would be astonished.

I dont want to be filmed... Just fish. We can use my boat, And I will keep you out there for 8-10 hrs.. Pack a big lunch!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I dont want to be filmed... Just fish. We can use my boat, And I will keep you out there for 8-10 hrs.. Pack a big lunch!
    lol
    That's why you don't see more videos of Jim and I fishing together. He has the entire day where I only have the morning. Last thing he wants to do is drive 1 1/2 hours or more and leave after a few hours. Maybe the hotpond will be good this fall and I can meet ya there.

6. Member
    Raises ✋. I like to fish all day and can be at Erie or LSC in an hours or less.

Quote Originally Posted by adb1228 View Post
    Raises ✋. I like to fish all day and can be at Erie or LSC in an hours or less.
    I like to fish all day too! Family obligations usually take priority. If you love to fish enough you will make time and that's what I usually try to do. Tight lines fellas

Mike , can we use your boat to fish monster quest Saturday?
    Last edited by 1BADAIR; 10-02-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

9. dartag1829
    Good job on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Mike , can we use your bit to fish monster quest Saturday?
    Bit?

I'm hoping to be in my boat...… So … NO! You cant drive a performance rig anyway! This aint a point and shoot rig!

Lol
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Good job on the video.
    Appreciate it! Thanks. I'll put up a short Walloon Video Sunday.

13. Member
    Nice At what water temp do they quit in late fall?

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegabass View Post
    They don't.. You can catch bass right up until ice on with a blade bait... Technique is very important. Very slow lifts off the bottom and quit lifting when you feel 3-4 vibes. Let it fall back to the bottom on semi tight line... Sometimes letting the bait just soak between lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegabass View Post
    The shallower backwater areas you can say bye bye to the bite after a couple weeks of cold weather. They vacate as quickly as they came. I think what Mike is referring to with the blade baits are the deeper backwater areas where some may winter. You most certainly can catch them on blade bait. I think if you see 8 foot or less get the heck out of there once the water hits 45 degrees. Ideal temperature in the shallow water areas is between 50 and 60 degrees. The bass are simply following the shad in into these areas. Once the shad leave so do the bass. The shad can't handle those real cold temperatures.

16. Member
    Thanks Caught up to 3 3/4 sat in 5ft weedbed outside the river sat but saw little shad activity thought may have been on the tail of it.

If your in the Detroit River check the channels next to Metro Park. They will stack in some bends and by the bridges this time of year. Spring time too.