Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'll try to buy some solid plugs today if you think that's what I need. The a$& end sinks down and the nose comes up on holeshot and it takes 10-15 seconds to drop the nose and run but it's not blowing out. It feels like it's struggling to me but I may be wrong

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Yes solid plugs will definitely help your hole shot!!
    I should have asked about this for the get go!!

3. Member
    I'll get some today. Thank you

4. Member
    And you did tell me from the start in a pm I sent you. I just didn't listen

5. Member
    Solid plugs did it and the revolution 4 prop did the rest. The holeshot is great and I'm confident the top end is there with prop work now. Thank you guys for the help

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger396 View Post
    Solid plugs did it and the revolution 4 prop did the rest. The holeshot is great and I'm confident the top end is there with prop work now. Thank you guys for the help
    Is the prop a regular revolution 4 or is it the revolution 4XP? What pitch was it a 25pitch? Also what was WOT rpm and speed?

8. Randy Walker
    following....

following
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

10. Member
    A very good local shop set up a bass cat with a tohatsu 250 which is the same as a Honda just black and found that a 27 t-1 was the best on that combo and offered to let me try it on mine. It was one of the large cats but don't remember if it was a jaguar or puma.

11. Member
    If these Honda's are going to run over 70 with reasonable slip for the hulls they're on we're going to have to spin larger props like 26 and 27 or really well worked 25's

12. Member
    I have found my BF250 can spin a 26 Fury and provide my best top end speed, however I also found the Honda barley got on plane with the 26 on a real hot humid day with a full load. You are 100% correct they will run 70mph almost 71 with a 26 and a fairly light load.

I have now run and tested about 6 different 3 blade Props on my Phoenix 721, Honda 250 combo and the best way to describe it is the best top end prop's won't get out of the hole with a true full load on a hot humid day. It's almost like they need a 25 to get on plane then a 26 once up on pad.

If I was not too lazy to change my prop for spring and fall I would and could run the 26 Fury spring and fall and run my 25 Tempest in July and August . I also run a lot of big great lakes type water and the 25 is the ticket for lifting the bow in big waves.

13. Member
    I don't carry a heavy fishing load like a lot of tournament guys. I could fit all of my stuff in the rod locker and one compartmentand have 6 empty so I may or may not be lighter than you and that may make a difference.

14. Member
    I prefer 4 blades so any prop I choose won't be a true top end prop but 70-72 and an acceptable holeshot may be possible

15. Member
    You might get more then me due to less weight. However for me my exact best numbers for speed were spinning a worked 26 Fury to 6200 running solo,full tackle 1/2 tank gas produced 70.4 mph with 8% slip. To get that I spent a lot of money on a high end hub and a lot of custome work. I ran the prop once light loved it but loaded it wont work for me. Prop for sale on this site if interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12