721 and lithium batteries?

Any of you guys running a 721 with lithium batteries and if so did the weight difference change the handling / performance? THANKS in advance.

Call John Webb of Marine works. He has done extensive testing in that department.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have sold Lithium's to guys running 721s, and personally setup 919s and 920s with them, lots of performance gains but top end gains require additional setup and weight distribution. the hole shot is much better, handling is great and float about 1 1/2 to 2" shallower
    the additional setup usually is dropping the P2P a little and shifting some weight from front to back
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I have sold Lithium's to guys running 721s, and personally setup 919s and 920s with them, lots of performance gains but top end gains require additional setup and weight distribution. the hole shot is much better, handling is great and float about 1 1/2 to 2" shallower
    the additional setup usually is dropping the P2P a little and shifting some weight from front to back
    Thanks for the info,

Yes and the gains in performance are extremely noticeable EXCEPT for top end. I haven’t seen much of any increase in speed. I only lost 90lbs so far since I went from 3 60lb lead acid to 3 30lb relion 100ah. Best way to put it is think how your boat handles with no gas in the tank say less than 5 gallons. It’s nimble when idling around, explodes out of the hole and turns on a dime. With lithium’s the boat handles like that all the time.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    Same experience as haus9393 went from 3 31 to 3 Battle Born 100A batteries. Hole Shot is awesome also trailering you will notice the trailer does not bounce as much ether. I tell people that Lithium are not a purchase it is an investment. The pros are much more than speed. Hole Shot, Shallow Water, Trailering, but especially how long the batteries last and how fast you can recharge. Most of the time I can go to dinner after a full day of pre-fishing and by the time I get ready for bed (before 10 pm) I am all the way charged compared to everyone else who is hopping theirs are charged by the morning. P2P is definitely lower than before and you can tell the rear end is lighter when your are next to another Phoenix with regular batteries. I have not seen huge gains in speed but the hole shot is well worth it.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max