Where does everyone buy their airbrush paint?

I have hit the local 6 places that sell airbrush paint and none of them have a good selection. All the colors are bright and I am looking for natural fish colors.

Allen

If you are using the .05 brush that I reccomended, You can thin craft paint down to vitamin D milk and it will shoot great. Many colors to choose from. Folk Art color shift and extreme sheen shoot great when thinned down.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    If you are using the .05 brush that I reccomended, You can thin craft paint down to vitamin D milk and it will shoot great. Many colors to choose from. Folk Art color shift and extreme sheen shoot great when thinned down.
    Works for me,shoots as good as anything else and definitely a whole lot cheaper.

4. Member
    Found a taxidermy website that sells paints. I am going to stick with airbrush paint until I get better at painting.

Allen

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Coast airbrush
    Dixie art
    McKenzie Taxidermy Supply
    TCP Global

8. Member
    Starting out I would go right to airbrush paint before you start mixing other brands as Craft and Folk Art. After awhile you will see that airbrushing with the right paint will make a big difference and less airbrush problems. Plus you still can mix the airbrush paints also, it might cost a little more but in the long run you will save time and money.
    Wayne

9. Member
    I get Wicked paint from Spraygunner, or if I am in a hurry, Midwest Airbrush Supply if I'm in a hurry as they are a 45 minute drive from the house. If it weren't for the ridiculous taxes I would get it all from them. For Aztek paint, the BEST pearls out there, Dinger Baits has the best pricing.

Stay away from craft paint, especially as a beginner, I know a lot of folks use it but the amount it needs reduced really weakens it's already weak film strength and it's pigment isn't ground as finely leading to clogging issues. Want to do quality work, that will always be easier with quality materials and tools.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenlures View Post
    Starting out I would go right to airbrush paint before you start mixing other brands as Craft and Folk Art. After awhile you will see that airbrushing with the right paint will make a big difference and less airbrush problems. Plus you still can mix the airbrush paints also, it might cost a little more but in the long run you will save time and money.
    Wayne
    100% agreed