Question for the humminbird Guru's

I recently replaced my 1199 with a helix 10 g2n mega si, while pulling the old transducer out I found that it had a y cable attached with one side labeled SI and the other Dual Beam. I havent seen any other transducers on my boat. I did notice that with my 1199 and its transducer configuration that I was able to start scanning as soon as i came off plane and was able to see 2D while running mid to slow speeds. Now with my helix and not having that dual beam y cable attached it takes a while to start scanning and I cant get the depth reading while on plane. Can someone explain this to me? If in fact the dual beam attached to the y cable made the difference can I use that same Y cable with my helix g2n to get the results I had with my 1199? TIA

2. Member
    If you were using the 1199 and y-cable previously with 2D performance while on plane, you would have a 2D transducer somewhere in the bilge area near back of boat. With the introduction of MEGA models, the y-cable was changed to 9 M SIDB Y. You can still use the same 2D transducer. That would be a standard setup for a glass boat to get higher speed 2D performance.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Yeah that makes sense, however I havent seen any other transducers, atleast not visual externally.

4. Member
    It's gonna be on the inside of the boat. Shoot thru transducers will be epoxied in the bilge area somewhere. If you can find the cable that was connected to the y cable it will lead you straight to it

5. Member
    Thank you. I guess i was thinking of thru hull transducer instead of shoot thru the hull.

6. Member
    I'll stay out of the way and let the pros on here verify this but I THINK you will need a different shoot through transducer with the Mega unit. There was a thread about this just the other day.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I'll stay out of the way and let the pros on here verify this but I THINK you will need a different shoot through transducer with the Mega unit. There was a thread about this just the other day.
    If it is a Gen2 MEGA model, it can use the XP-9-20(t) in-hull transducer. If it were a Gen3 model, you would want the newer Dual Spectrum in-hull XP-9-HW for added CHIRP frequencies and a better quality CHIRP capability (lower Q-factor).
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

If you have to replace it, you could use XP 9 HW transducer to take advantage of the low q transducer. The newest update for the G2N has a setting for the HW transducer.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N