FXR - Brief Review

Have been fishing in my new FXR20 LE for a couple of weeks now. It is a great boat, and much better than the FX I had previously. Here are my impressions/thoughts so far:

- The front deck is so much bigger, very easy for two people to fish up there. Even around the very front of the boat where the Ultrex puck is mounted, I have room to step into the boat easily from the trailer or a dock.
    - The ride is excellent and smoother than the FX and handles rough water very well - some of this might be due to the better seats as well. The grab handles on the seats come in handy also.
    - Speed is a few mph faster in this boat vs the FX.
    - When coming off plane quickly, there is less of a chance of wash over the stern of the boat.
    - Lighting in all compartments is great and the dimmer feature on the console comes in very handy in the mornings.
    - Battery monitoring system is helpful in terms of information.
    - Dry dock system seems to have a lot more power in terms of moving air than the FX did - fan seems to be more powerful, you know when it is running for sure.
    - I had an Ultrex before but I am now using the remote more. No big change here but I am seeing the advantages of using the remote in certain situations.
    - The Helix GN3's that are standard on the boat are working well and I am getting great images both 2d and side scan, etc. I was worried about this coming from Lowrance systems before.
    - The organization and accessibility to the rear of the boat where batteries, pumps, etc. are located is far superior. If you have ever tried to replace a battery in an FX, you know what I am talking about!
    - The standard trailer tires are of a much higher quality than what came with the old FX (this may be true for all models - I don't know).

I am very happy/impressed with the boat so far. Happy to answer any specific questions if you are considering an FXR.

2. Member
    Nice write up. They look like very nice boats!

3. Member
    Good to know. Now if Marshalls will ever get one. I'm dying over here.

What brand trailer tires are they running now?

5. Member
    Goodyear Eagle Sport tires on the FXR trailer. I don't know if these are going on other models as well - maybe someone else can answer that.

My new ZX250 has Goodyear Endurance tires

7. Member

additional pictures

Had some requests for additional pictures showing this color. I have attached one with the boat in full sunlight - love this color!
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    The Skeeter travel cover is now available for the FXR as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Had some requests for additional pictures showing this color. I have attached one with the boat in full sunlight - love this color!

Beautiful boat!