USA Raker 2 compared to Raker 3

I was looking through a cabinet in my garage and found an old Raker 2 26 pitch. I am currently running a Raker 3 26p on my evinrude 225 HO. Curious to the difference and possible performance differences. What do you guys think?

2. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    By Raker 3, do you mean the Raker HO?
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

After looking a little more into it my current prop, Raker 26P 394756, must be the original Raker. Same question still applies. As far as differences.Thanks

All I have ever heard was the original was better but could not tell you what was so special about it. I had 2 - 26 Raker's, one on an 03 201 and the other on a 95 201. The OAL performance was night and day but I believe it was mostly attributed to the motors. The 93 XP had a lot more go than the 95 Vindicator even though they where esentially the same. Have not ran a Raker since.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Like Finlander, I know little of the specific differences, other than that the Raker II has a different hub [designed for the hotter exhaust of the E-Tec engines] and supposedly is thinner metal. IF it indeed is thinner or softer metal than the original Raker, that difference certainly could hurt performance by allowing more blade deformation at speed.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

The Raker H.O. is total garbage. Blades flex so much they crack. I've been through two of them. ETEC G2 250 HO
    I run RX4 now.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Like Finlander, I know little of the specific differences, other than that the Raker II has a different hub [designed for the hotter exhaust of the E-Tec engines] and supposedly is thinner metal. IF it indeed is thinner or softer metal than the original Raker, that difference certainly could hurt performance by allowing more blade deformation at speed.
    There were some early Raker II props built with a pressed in hub. and not the tbx system. Not sure how many but they are out there.