Thread: Carpet Quality

Carpet Quality

I know a lot of folks don't care much about carpet quailty, but I feel it's a bigdeal. I have a 2015 Z7 where the carpeting went completely flat / matted in less then a year. I replaced it with the same carpeting used in Bass Cats. Very nice and durable carpet. I am currently looking at upgrading to a 2019 Z20, and know the carpet was upgraded by Nitro in 2017. Is the new carpet holding up, or is it similar to that in my 2015?

Thanks for any input

2. Member
    I sure hope they upgraded it. My 2016 carpet got so bad with black streaks in it that I have had to recarpet 7 box lids. I had a Champion for 14 years and never had carpet do that.

I think that was a dye issue. I'm not sure if the 2019 Z20 has the same carpet as the Z21. I believe the Z21 is 24oz carpet. if it does not, im not sure why they don't give it as an option.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

The 2019 Z20 does not have the same carpet as the Z21... The Z20 has 16oz carpet....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    KCLOST is the 16 oz holding up good on your boat?

So far so good... I've had it since January and no problems with the exception of an occasional loose strand revealing itself near an outer edge where it was cut...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team