SHO 225 water pressure

Noticed today running WOT at about 71 mph, my water pressure gauge showed about 13. That seems low to me but I don’t pay a lot of attention usually to that. It was hot and humid and lake temp was high 90s. I just had my dealer do the annual service on motor. Is there anything to worry about here? 2018 Skeeter with 225 SHO.

2. Member
    That also seems a bit low to me. At WOT I am usually seeing about 16-17 psi. This is something I monitor constantly. Is the reading your getting lower than it has been? Does it look like the pee hole is clear and getting normal flow there while at idle?

3. Member
    I thought I was getting about you are before annual service. It does appear to be peeing normally.

4. Member
    Pretty sure the SHO's have a low pressure, high volume pump. That being the case, 13 PSI is plenty at WOT. That will go up some once the water cools off. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Pretty sure the SHO's have a low pressure, high volume pump. That being the case, 13 PSI is plenty at WOT. That will go up some once the water cools off. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thats what I was told on another forum, and with 97 dg air and water, I think you are right. Thanks for the info.

6. Member
    As long as you’re at 11 psi or better at WOT you’re good according to my Yamaha tech
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

I have always had pressure fluctuations based on water temps... thats about what mine does too in the real hot water.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole