Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stick Marsh Area in Feb 2020

We have a group going down to Stick Marsh area again this Feb. (6 boats this year) Staying in Vero beach again. How is the water level there right now. It was low last year. Have they put the ramp in to Lake Lawton or whatever the lake is beside Stick Marsh yet? JT Kenny mentioned it last year that it was open. We fished mostly the south west corner of Farm 13 last year and did pretty good. Lake Cyprus was kind of a bust for us unless you like bowfin. Looking for some other lakes that might be an alternative when the wind gets humping on stick marsh. Any recommendations are appreciated.
    Last edited by WVTERP; 09-27-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

2. Member
    Lake Lawton google 3 forks, Ramp at the end of W.Malabar road. I have no other info on it for you though. I am pretty sure that most of the lakes are up and okay as of right now. To keep an eye on them https://www.basssavvy.com will help
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Member
    Water levels are looking good and the fishing is picki go up down there. The matted out hydrilla will die off and the fishing in Feb akll
    be lights out. Check out lake Garcia. Best lake in Florida in my opinion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Lake Lawton google 3 forks, Ramp at the end of W.Malabar road. I have no other info on it for you though. I am pretty sure that most of the lakes are up and okay as of right now. To keep an eye on them https://www.basssavvy.com will help
    Thanks for the tip. We just moved to Palm Bay FL and it looks like 3 Forks is 11 miles from the house.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Thanks for the tip. We just moved to Palm Bay FL and it looks like 3 Forks is 11 miles from the house.
    Basssavy has nothing on the lakes around 32905 Palm Bay, FL.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    Water levels are looking good and the fishing is picki go up down there. The matted out hydrilla will die off and the fishing in Feb akll
    We were going to try that last year, but my wife and I decided to go to Daytona race on that Thursday instead before we headed south to Boyton beach to visit our daughter. The rest of the gang had already headed back home the day before when the storm rolled though. We are going to hit Garcia for sure this year. Stick Marsh was almost un-boatable a few days down there last year. Winds were 20 mph plus 2 days out of the north and north east. So fishing the south west corner was quite a challenge. When it was 10 or less it was awesome. It seems like it was opposite land. The people we were talking to wanted no wind or very little. Up here in Va you want 10 or more mph. I just saw that the headwaters ramp may be in by the time we go down in Feb.
    Last edited by WVTERP; 09-27-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVTERP View Post
    before we headed south to Boyton beach to visit our daughter.
    Fish lake Ida in Delray Beach. Awesome place to start Peacock fishing, Clown Knife, Large Mouth of course and many other exotics.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

8. Member
    No But it shows stick marsh and a few others near there to be able to get an idea if the lakes are up or down.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

9. Member
    We drove out to the Three Forks Boat Ramp at the Northwest corner of the lake. Open water could not be seen except for some narrow canals. No one was fishing but one air boat tour operator was taking out. The vegetation was very tall. Looks like fishing is confined to the old canals. Here is a pic of the boat ramp area.

Note that there is a gate at the entrance to the boat ramp area with a closed sign attached. I don't know if the gate is ever closed but it would be a bummer to drive that far to find the gate locked.

Last edited by csurp; 10-09-2019 at 02:34 PM.

10. Member
    We did hit lake Ida last year. Quite the cluster F at the ramp. LOL people cutting in front of each other ect. mostly Jet skis and not a lot of English being spoken. One guy was on the ramp for 20 min. We did not catch any exotics but had a good time. We only fished artificial baits. My daughter moved a few miles in the last few months. She is very close to Lake Osborne now. The canal across the street leads into Osborne. She has two really big ponds outside her back door. 10 steps from the water. She has caught 2 peacock bass herself out of it and a bunch of Mayan Cichlid's out of it. People have caught knife fish out of it as well, but she has not. If we used live minnows I am sure we could have caught quite a few at Ida and in the pond behind her house when we went back down in July. 2 or 3 inch pumpkin green grub was smashing them in the pond local guy was killing them with them but they were difficult to find locally unless I wanted to drive to Bass Pro in Ft Lauderdale. Had a million of them at home, none with me.
    Last edited by WVTERP; 11-07-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

11. Member
    Osborne and Ida are all connected together. You can go farther north as well as way south of Ida all connected with lakes and canals. Used to be really good Large mouth. Would take more on that chain of lakes then Okeechobee sometimes. If you didn't have 20+ you were not in the money.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

If there are lakes that you would like to see the water level for, BassSavvy has a submission form for requesting additional lakes. We will search for a water level sensor and add if it one exists.

13. Banned
    If you plan on fishing Garcia after a few days of strong north wind, better plan on trying to have more than one way to access the area. As of 2 weeks ago, it was pretty choked up.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    sending a PM....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    If you plan on fishing Garcia after a few days of strong north wind, better plan on trying to have more than one way to access the area. As of 2 weeks ago, it was pretty choked up.
    Tried to fish Garcia today and could not get out to main lake from ramp located next to old horse track. Would love to go back. Any open water was to shallow to run in.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFatBoy View Post
    If there are lakes that you would like to see the water level for, BassSavvy has a submission form for requesting additional lakes. We will search for a water level sensor and add if it one exists.
    It now has tabs across each lake page. There are charts weather conditions, wx forecast, and Ramps (for those who tournament trail fish in many states) 1500 boat ramps with a single click to get Google Directions.

If there;s a lake or Tournament trail you'd like to see, use the contact form to request it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFatBoy View Post
    It now has tabs across each lake page. There are charts weather conditions, wx forecast, and Ramps (for those who tournament trail fish in many states) 1500 boat ramps with a single click to get Google Directions.

If there;s a lake or Tournament trail you'd like to see, use the contact form to request it.
    Thank You. Love the site
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

18. Member
    We drove out to the Three Forks Boat Ramp at the Northwest corner of the lake. Open water could not be seen except for some narrow canals. No one was fishing but one air boat tour operator was taking out. The vegetation was very tall. Looks like fishing is confined to the old canals. Here is a pic of the boat ramp area.

Note that there is a gate at the entrance to the boat ramp area with a closed sign attached. I don't know if the gate is ever closed but it would be a bummer to drive that far to find the gate locked.

while you can fish the canals, you are missing out if you don’t figure out which canal runs to the flats. It is awesome. Took me a few days of trial and error to get in there. Also, it’s very easy to tear your boat up getting. To the flats.

So, about how many feet low would you guess it is? The water level sensor says 18ft right now. I'd like to know what normal water level is.

20. Member
    We are headed down to fish the week of Feb 17th. I’m also curious about SM water level. If it’s low we’ll bring my RT188, if not we’ll likely bring a 520L. We’ve had luck fishing the canal on really windy days in the past. If the water is low launching there can be a bear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast