Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    We are headed down to fish the week of Feb 17th. I’m also curious about SM water level. If it’s low we’ll bring my RT188, if not we’ll likely bring a 520L. We’ve had luck fishing the canal on really windy days in the past. If the water is low launching there can be a bear.
    You can monitor the water level on my website. I'm tryng to establish what normal pool is.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFatBoy View Post
    You can monitor the water level on my website. I'm tryng to establish what normal pool is.
    I see your site says 12.5 (msl) I am not sure what "MSL" is? Great site for this kind of info, THANKS!

Median Sea Level

also offering free ads for 2020. Use the contact page to request.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I see your site says 12.5 (msl) I am not sure what "MSL" is? Great site for this kind of info, THANKS!

Of course, 12.5 is just the gage reading there, I am not sure what it is based from, I am assuming it is MSL. Could be different. I'm not sure what normal pool is either, so if anyone can let me know if it's right or wrong, I'll fix it. Thanks

5. Member
    If you have not headed down yet, the water at Stick Marsh is low. We were in there yesterday and it is lower than I have seen in years. Fishing was ok just need to be careful

6. Derek McCullough
    That's confusing because the Basssavvy site shows the water is high???

7. Member
    We have been coming down for years and it is definitely low. More wood showing than I have seen in a long time. It is still very fishable, you just need to be careful.

8. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Greene View Post
    We have been coming down for years and it is definitely low. More wood showing than I have seen in a long time. It is still very fishable, you just need to be careful.
    It can be a lot of fun when it's low. Any grass in the bottom corner. It was pretty bare last year other than eel grass

9. Member
    We were fishing the west side-south end until the winds dirtied it up. It was fishing well until then. It seems like less grass than last year.. The eastern side is still well grassed up but we haven't fished it yet. we did Three Forks / Lawton on Tuesday and the water was much cleaner.

10. Member
    Rick,

You are the second person that’s said it’s low. We will be bringing my aluminum boat instead of the 520L. Two years ago we fished the canal going in (launch at the row club) and had a great numbers day.

11. Member
    I used to bring the Triton down but didn't like sliding the glass hull around and over the stumps. I bring a 17' foot Lowe down now and the bumps and scrapes don't bother me. Funny about the canal. I fished it twice several years back and couldn't catch a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    That's confusing because the Basssavvy site shows the water is high???
    BassSavvy only has a water gauge reading and I cannot find a Normal Pool level. Would like to have a local tell me what the BassSavvy is showing when it's close to Normal Pool so I can set the Normal Pool. Right now, whatever the number is simply a reference. Sorry, I can put a different number in for normal pool, but it would still be only a reference number until I figure out the level at "normal'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12