Pork Trailer Saver

I've read there used to be a product called Pork Saver or Pig Saver, which was a soft case that held a sponge that you would wrap around your jig with velcro and it would keep the pork trailer from drying out. Wondering if anyone knows if these are still around or a similar idea that works well? Thank you.

2. Banned
    Had a few of em in the early 80's. wish I still had some because I have a lot of unopened pork frogs

3. Member
    Have not seen any for years, still have a few somewhere, which I also haven't seen in years.

4. Member
    BPS carries a lure wrap that'll work if you're talking about short periods of time. It doesn't have a sponge but it does have a pad liner you can soak with water or an attractant. It'll keep the sun & air from getting to it.

5. Member
    Thank you, Skeeta! I bet that lure wrap would get the job done.

A small ziplock bag will work, and you could put a small sponge or two on both sides of the bait, or just a wad of wet cotton cloth or cotton balls in the bag.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    If anyone is interested, I have two (I can let go) "Save a Pig" pork trailer savers. They have foam you wet inside to keep the pork from drying out. I can send pics. 2 for $12 shipped . U.S.A only. First come first serve.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    If anyone is interested, I have two (I can let go) "Save a Pig" pork trailer savers. They have foam you wet inside to keep the pork from drying out. I can send pics. 2 for $12 shipped . U.S.A only. First come first serve.
    I would be real interested if you could include some #11 and 101 pork with them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I would be real interested if you could include some #11 and 101 pork with them.
    Sorry, can't help you with the pork.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Sorry, can't help you with the pork.
    That's OK I understand. They are getting very hard to find. I am sure going to miss the 101 on a hair jig. Nothing better for smallmouth.

11. Member
    PM Sent cadman