Thread: Graph on dash

Graph on dash

I have a 96 cobra viper and I bought a lowrance 9 in graph and I’m having a hard time deciding how to mount it to the dash. It does not fit between the gauges and if I put it on a ram mount with 2 in raise it sits to high that I have problem seeing over it. What are some ways that you have mounted graphs. Looking for ideas

I mounted a 2x4 block with a 45 angle cut aross the front between the gauges and the windshield. You have to cut the angle to clear the molding for the gauges. Painted it black to match the dash and mounted the graph to the block. If you don't point it out to people they will never notice and it gives good clearance above the steering wheel, but the graph is still below the top of the wind shield. Did this for an older LCX 25 with the heat fins on the back, but now have a Carbon 9 mounted on the same block. Works perfect and does not look like a hillbilly fix

3. Member
    I have a HDS8 Gen 2 mounted on top of mine and it about matches the top of the windshield. One of my favorite attributes about my 216 is being able to put my graph there.

Check out this thread. Different brand graph, but all should be similar.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1005183
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    I mounted a 2x4 block with a 45 angle cut aross the front between the gauges and the windshield. You have to cut the angle to clear the molding for the gauges. Painted it black to match the dash and mounted the graph to the block. If you don't point it out to people they will never notice and it gives good clearance above the steering wheel, but the graph is still below the top of the wind shield. Did this for an older LCX 25 with the heat fins on the back, but now have a Carbon 9 mounted on the same block. Works perfect and does not look like a hillbilly fix
    Exactly what I did but I used a smaller piece of wood, just enough to clear the gauge humps.

Tom