Thread: Costa TF11 OGP

Costa TF11 OGP

Im gonna give Costa a try for bassfishing here in SE Texas and Im looking at the glasses listed. They are the fantail and lenses are the grey poly. Is anyone using this combo? Actually more interested in the review of the lenses and how they are for being able to see into the water...Im sure they are 50x better than the cheap Yums from wally world that Im having to use after loosing my good pair!

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    After speaking with a few ppl on my Phoenix boat group on fb, the green may be the way to go over gray...Especially for overcast days...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

3. Member
    Depending on how much sight fishing you do, you almost need two different pairs. One for bright sunny days and one for overcast days.
    I prefer the green lenses on bright days but find them too dark on overcast days. The cooper silver works great for me on overcast/cloudy days.

4. Member
    I prefer Costas 99.9% of the time, but that's primarily due to their comfortable frames. They don't have the best lenses for sight fishing, imo, but I agree with Nutoy on color selection from their available options. Truth be told, if I'm bed fishing on a cloudy day, I dig to the very back of my glove box and dig out a pair of old strike kings with amber lenses. I don't understand why Costa doesn't offer that color.

5. Banned
    I threw my prescription Costas in the trash after I tried Maui Jim, no comparison in lens clarity and I have a pair of the Amber color.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    I prefer Costas 99.9% of the time, but that's primarily due to their comfortable frames. They don't have the best lenses for sight fishing, imo, but I agree with Nutoy on color selection from their available options. Truth be told, if I'm bed fishing on a cloudy day, I dig to the very back of my glove box and dig out a pair of old strike kings with amber lenses. I don't understand why Costa doesn't offer that color.
    I agree with Cliff 100%. I love the green lenses but when sight fishing with Cliff, I cant see the fish and he does with the old cheap pair of strike kings. That makes me the NET man!!
    To our troops

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy250 View Post
    I agree with Cliff 100%. I love the green lenses but when sight fishing with Cliff, I cant see the fish and he does with the old cheap pair of strike kings. That makes me the NET man!!
    They sure came through for us that day .

8. Member
    I went with the TF11 OGMP...Fantails with Matte black frames and green lense....they do look amber when looking out of them. They did pretty good this weekend, it was sunny for a while, then cloudy then back to sunny on Rayburn Saturday...But im with Ts Strampion, those old strike king amber lense do pretty good for bed fishing lol
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    I went with the TF11 OGMP...Fantails with Matte black frames and green lense....they do look amber when looking out of them.
    I have the same pair except my frames are tortoise. Those lenses are the closest thing they have to amber, but they're not. You'll like them though.

10. Member
    Cliff I sure like them so far. I bought them to wear/keep in the boat only, but on the way back from Rambo outdoors I wore them coming back to my office. The glare reduction was very impressive. With them off I had horrible glare on the windshield from the dash, I put them on and all of it was gone, the outline of the clouds were crisp and clear and I could see grooves in the hiway that were unseen with the naked eye. They are dang sure better than the $15 yums I was using after losing my other pair of good glasses lol...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Cliff I sure like them so far. I bought them to wear/keep in the boat only, but on the way back from Rambo outdoors I wore them coming back to my office. The glare reduction was very impressive. With them off I had horrible glare on the windshield from the dash, I put them on and all of it was gone, the outline of the clouds were crisp and clear and I could see grooves in the hiway that were unseen with the naked eye. They are dang sure better than the $15 yums I was using after losing my other pair of good glasses lol...
    They also increase visibility when driving in rain.