Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Rodney just has some magic. I have lithiums and mine is running more like yours. Lithiums affect the holeshot a lot more than they affect top end.
    A magic prop or two sounds like

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    A magic prop or two sounds like
    No not really i just got a good stock 24 Fury that works great, props are just like boats, engines you get a stock prop every now and then that works better than five more setting right beside it. I didn't sell, set up boats for forty years and not learn a little about boats and set ups. Now with that said this 26 i have may be a magic prop if it runs great on my Caymas, we will see.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    This boat doesnt chine walk it more so rolls but feels like a walk. For example a Triton 20 ran a 14in pad which you had to fight and teeter todder but the CX20 has a 17in pad which causes it to roll rather than a true walk. You cannot fight the cx20, try to drive with one hand to really get a good understanding of how this boat will react, get all your weight to the back and work trim slowly DO NOT white knuckle grip the wheel let your hand/s be relaxed, let the boat get up and once it start to roll one way lock it in there and bump the trim down a hair feel that spot keep er right there balanced and slowly bump up the trim. That boat needs to sit on one side of the pad when running wide open you will notice a ever so slight lean most likely to the right where your torque carries first. I had this issues fighting the boat and couldnt get much more than 77mph but when I learned to let the boat speak to me and let me know where it wants to lean I got it locked in and saw it climb to 81mph. Very capable boats but the biggest thing is to not drive this boat like a triton or stratos type hull, be relaxed, be in tune, study your boat and you will never think about it again))))))))
    (thefourthwlop)

This post said a lot and i listened to it. I was trying to drive my Caymas like the old Tritons and that the wrong way to do it, this guy hit it right on the nail head after i read his post i went back made some adjustments and the boat felt much better.

You need to change your handle to the "Caymas Whisperer".

4. Member
    Anyone running a fury on a sho? If so what pitch and what kind of numbers are you seeing

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CX21 View Post
    Hey Mr. Wolp..., been running the Bravo1 23.5p you recommended, love how it performs on the CX21. What kind of load are you running to get 74 mph on that prop? I saw 67-68mph on lake WA today loaded up, 2 guys, dual console. Jack plate around 7-8.
    Is bravo prop that weight sensitive? How hard are you “driving” it at that speed and jack plate setting?
    Hey man I was pretty light that day and down stream. I corrected my rpms after looking back they were more like 6300rpms. Boat was easy to drive but dont wanna run the v8 up that high in rpms. Ran it with 3 people livewells full half fuel in a few inches of chop and was 72 at 6100rpms. Also did not have wedges installed on that boat at the time so that played a factor, customer who bought it added wedges and runs close to 3000ft above sea level and gets 72 at 6k rpms so that tells me down here on the columbia things would line up really good again. Didnt have to drive it really at those speeds. Boats usually run really good at lake washington so it sounds like adding the 2 degree wedges could help you lift up and crank out those last few mphs. The bravo can be a little weight sensitive but shouldnt be enough to throw things off completely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123