Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Forget all this speed...Ill take 5 keepers
    2009 Triton HP 21 with New 2016 Mercury 250 OptiMax Pro XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth89 View Post
    My cousin just got his with a 300 merc on it. I’ll report back with the numbers.
    Really curious to hear what the Mercury ProXS 4S 300 will do on the CX21.

3. Banned
    Did my brake in today per Yamaha, lake conditions were perfect and made on hard run and got it to 73.8 with full load water in wells and app. 40 gallons of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Did my brake in today per Yamaha, lake conditions were perfect and made on hard run and got it to 73.8 with full load water in wells and app. 40 gallons of fuel.
    TritonMan...pfffttt.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Phillips View Post
    TritonMan...pfffttt.
    I may push you out of the boat at Toledo Bend you b*******! What’s a Ranger boy doing creeping on the Caymas forum?

6. Member
    Bump for a guy asking

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I dont have much time in my cx 20 pro yet, but I will give a quick run down of what I've seen so far.

25 fury 3 = 72 with 2 people. ( I have a hydrolic plate, but the motor is to high for a fury. Going to have the motor dropped a hole at my 20 hr service.)

Worked 26 tempest plus = 75 alone with about 3/4 tank of gas. A little to much prop for the load..

Worked 25 pitch tempest plus = 77 on a short burst alone. 74 with 2 people and around 3/4 tank.

All speeds are with atleast 1/2 tank of gas or more, and what I'd call pretty heavy load. I carry a lot of tackle, and I'm no light wieght. Just need more time, and better water to really see what I can do. It came with a 25 fury. I see that being a little to much prop for me. Once I lower the motor I will try it again and see how it does.

This is with a merc 250 pro xs 4stroke. I only have 12.5 hrs on it.

8. Member
    After testing today, I think for general all around proformance, a 24 fury might be better for me being i dont care about top end speed over better hole shot and speeds to 60mph. Im running a 25 fury now with mercury.

9. Member
    [QUOTE=billproxs;11082065]After testing today, I think for general all around proformance, a 24 fury might be better for me being i dont care about top end speed over better hole shot and speeds to 60mph. Im running a 25 fury now with mercury.[/I just changed my 25 Fury out to a 24 Fury on my CX20 with Mercury. With the 25, full tank of gas, 2 full live wells, Two people 180lb and 230 lb and a full load of fishing equipment I could only get 5650 RPM at 66 MPH. It would not come out of the hole for 7-8 seconds. I also have Talons.
    inow have the 24 Fury. I can now with full tank of gas, 2 full live wells, all the fishing gear, two people and Talons, I am getting 73 easy. I’m quite certain that I can get 75 with empty live wells and 3/4 tank of fuel. I could not be any happier with the performance now. Oh and also this is all at 5850-5900 RPM.

10. Member
    I figure once you hit 70 that's fast enough! The ride in rough water is the thing I'll look at when buying my next boat. Not many lakes are calm enough to drop the hammer, but maybe I'm just getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavol64 View Post
    Does the cayman chime walk like a triton ?
    Only the special order hulls with chimes.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

12. Member
    You don’t have to worry about the ride in a Caymas!

13. Banned
    Cx21 with Mercury 250 Pro Xs
    Fury 3BL 24P 72-73mph pushing 6k rpms jack plate 5-7 on gauge.
    Fury 4BL 24P 71-72mph 5800rpms jack-plate 5-7 on gauge.
    Bravo 1 FS 23.5P 74mph 6300rpms jack plate 5-7 on gauge. Bravo felt better all around but would go up a pitch. (Have heard good things about the tempest 25)

Cx20 with Mercury 250 Pro Xs
    Fury 3BL 24P 79.4mph 6200rpms jack plate 4-5 on gauge
    Fury 3BL 26P 81mph 5900rpms jack plate 4-5 on gauge
    Fury 4BL 24P 75mph 6000rpms jack plate 2-4 on gauge (Earl Bentz recommended Rev4 XP 23P-24P but haven't ran yet)

UPDATE: On Cx21 Added 2 degree wedges removed passenger console 24Fury 3BL 75mph but hit 6200rpms around 73.5mph JackPlate 1-3. Added a Fury 25P 3BL with the blades shaved and got 76.2mph at 6000rpm 1 person @ blast off.
    Last edited by bentzboatwhisperer; 09-13-2021 at 04:33 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavol64 View Post
    Does the cayman chime walk like a triton ?
    It will walk, especially if the motor is too low. Gotta find the sweet spot like most boats. At least that’s how mine is.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefourthwolp View Post
    Cx21 with Mercury 250 Pro Xs
    Fury 3BL 24P 71-73mph pushing 6k rpms jack plate 5-7 on gauge.
    Fury 4BL 24P 72-73mph 5800rpms jack-plate 5-7 on gauge.
    Bravo 1 FS 23.5P 74mph 6100rpms jack plate 4-6 on gauge. Bravo felt better all around. (Have heard good things about the tempest 25)

Cx20 with Mercury 250 Pro Xs
    Fury 3BL 24P 77mph 6150rpms jack plate 5-6 on gauge
    Fury 3BL 26P 81mph 5900rpms jack plate 4-5 on gauge
    Fury 4BL 24P 75.5mph 6000rpms jack plate 2-4 on gauge (Earl Bentz recommended Rev4 XP 23P-24P but haven't ran yet)

UPDATE: On Cx21 Added 2 degree wedges removed passenger console 75mph but hit 6200rpms around 73.5mph JackPlate 1-3 w/ 1 Medium PVS Plug, so going to try 25P Fury 3 and Tempest 24/25
    Hey Mr. Wolp..., been running the Bravo1 23.5p you recommended, love how it performs on the CX21. What kind of load are you running to get 74 mph on that prop? I saw 67-68mph on lake WA today loaded up, 2 guys, dual console. Jack plate around 7-8.
    Is bravo prop that weight sensitive? How hard are you “driving” it at that speed and jack plate setting?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    It came with a 25 fury. I see that being a little to much prop for me.
    I would agree with this on the CX20 with a typical load. Mine came with a 24p fury. Would be curious to see how a worked 25P Tempest runs on my boat - Looks pretty good based off your numbers there Buck.

'21 CX20, manual jack, 24p Fury - 76.1 MPH GPS, 6150 RPM - 1 guy, full tank gas, full tackle. 74.2 MPH w/ 2 guys loaded.

17. Member
    Ok i got some numbers now on mine but i am not done playing, i have a 26 Fury that Mark has worked three times and its been a magical prop every time he has worked it, i will be trying that one as soon as i can come up with another hub kit. I can turn my 24 Fury 6200 rmps with tank full of fuel, 265 pounds of retired Rodney, my equipment, one live well full, with four lithinum ionic batteries, one agm cranking battery, running 3.25 below the pad at 77.7 mph and climbing. I made a couple adjustments added one guy at about 175 pounds and run 76.7 and was still climbing with the engine at 3 inches below the pad. Next time out i am taking tools with me and another prop, well do some testing and see what happens. I firmly believe i can get 80 by my self and 78 with two guys after i play with it some more. I firmly believe i can get all i want with a Fury three blade prop with what i have seen so far.

18. Member
    This boat doesnt chine walk it more so rolls but feels like a walk. For example a Triton 20 ran a 14in pad which you had to fight and teeter todder but the CX20 has a 17in pad which causes it to roll rather than a true walk. You cannot fight the cx20, try to drive with one hand to really get a good understanding of how this boat will react, get all your weight to the back and work trim slowly DO NOT white knuckle grip the wheel let your hand/s be relaxed, let the boat get up and once it start to roll one way lock it in there and bump the trim down a hair feel that spot keep er right there balanced and slowly bump up the trim. That boat needs to sit on one side of the pad when running wide open you will notice a ever so slight lean most likely to the right where your torque carries first. I had this issues fighting the boat and couldnt get much more than 77mph but when I learned to let the boat speak to me and let me know where it wants to lean I got it locked in and saw it climb to 81mph. Very capable boats but the biggest thing is to not drive this boat like a triton or stratos type hull, be relaxed, be in tune, study your boat and you will never think about it again))))))))
    (thefourthwlop)

This post said a lot and i listened to it. I was trying to drive my Caymas like the old Tritons and that the wrong way to do it, this guy hit it right on the nail head after i read his post i went back made some adjustments and the boat felt much better.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Ok i got some numbers now on mine but i am not done playing, i have a 26 Fury that Mark has worked three times and its been a magical prop every time he has worked it, i will be trying that one as soon as i can come up with another hub kit. I can turn my 24 Fury 6200 rmps with tank full of fuel, 265 pounds of retired Rodney, my equipment, one live well full, with four lithinum ionic batteries, one agm cranking battery, running 3.25 below the pad at 77.7 mph and climbing. I made a couple adjustments added one guy at about 175 pounds and run 76.7 and was still climbing with the engine at 3 inches below the pad. Next time out i am taking tools with me and another prop, well do some testing and see what happens. I firmly believe i can get 80 by my self and 78 with two guys after i play with it some more. I firmly believe i can get all i want with a Fury three blade prop with what i have seen so far.
    Looks like you picked up about 2 mph going lithiums over my setup. Makes sense, when I added the second guy I lost about 2 MPH. So if I take out one more "person" worth of weight I should see those numbers as well. Makes me want Lithiums!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Looks like you picked up about 2 mph going lithiums over my setup. Makes sense, when I added the second guy I lost about 2 MPH. So if I take out one more "person" worth of weight I should see those numbers as well. Makes me want Lithiums!
    Rodney just has some magic. I have lithiums and mine is running more like yours. Lithiums affect the holeshot a lot more than they affect top end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast