2000 21 foot SS extreme livewells

I've had a problem with my live well aerators this summer. It seems like the aerator is not pumping hard enough. I did already replace both pumps.

When I compare it to the fill pumps, the fill pump blast water out but the live well pumps barely make bubbles or aeration. There is water flow, but it seems minimal.

I'm open to any suggestions?

Just a pure guess...the aerator pump draws water from the livewell and recirculates it. This is how it generates oxygen. Fish puke up crawdads and shad. In the process of recirculating water your line got clogged. Also if you fill your livewell in a area where a lot of silt, sand or small pebbles are present it could suck debris into the livewell. Then in the process of recirculation it got clogged in the recirculation line. Again just a pure guess but I say blockage of some sort.

3. Member
    clean screens and back flush. maybe valve isn't opening or closing full travel ?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Most likely plugged a bit. Same advice back flush and remove any debris from pump. a good way to check this is to fill live well half way, put on recirculate and then plug the outlet with you finger for a few seconds, if the flow stops or slows down after this then picks back up, then you got craps in the lines and pump. you shouldn't have to remove any lines, old pumps will split. just remove the pump cartridge and lift it up and flush the line out. My 21 SS does this at least twice a year.