Thread: Look forward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Thanks for sharing this, Scott! We all need these reminders.

3. Banned
    Thank you, and what a powerful message!

4. Member
    My old Bible professor, Dr. Brown spoke often on this subject. He would say "The devil runs straight to God, and points and says..."Look! Look what that so called "Christian" did." To which God would reply..."I don't see nothing, but the blood of Jesus." (Praise God...Praise Jesus!)

As an aside, whenever Dr. Brown would say that, this 84 year old man's face would take on the most childlike, joyous, and peaceful expression. It was truly a blessing to see. My wife would say that was what he would look like when he opened his eyes in heaven.

Thanks for posting SD.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    My old Bible professor, Dr. Brown spoke often on this subject. He would say "The devil runs straight to God, and points and says..."Look! Look what that so called "Christian" did." To which God would reply..."I don't see nothing, but the blood of Jesus." (Praise God...Praise Jesus!)

As an aside, whenever Dr. Brown would say that, this 84 year old man's face would take on the most childlike, joyous, and peaceful expression. It was truly a blessing to see. My wife would say that was what he would look like when he opened his eyes in heaven.

Thanks for posting SD.
    I taught a class on reconciliation last Sunday, your example was perfect! I wish I had that story at the time.

6. Member
    I really needed this message. I have been having a really tough time mulling over all the things I have done that are wrong and in so doing have almost forgotten about God's grace and forgiveness.

7. Member
    "Where sin abounds, grace super abounds." Rom 5:20. (NIV has 'increases')
    Last edited by msethsmile; 10-02-2019 at 09:30 AM.

8. Member
    Romans 4:1 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression

9. Member
    clarify--Romans 4:15

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post

Thanks for posting SD.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    "Where sin abounds, grace super abounds." Rom 5:20. (NIV has 'increases')
    1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Romans 4:1 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression
    For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Gen. 15.6 · Gal. 3.6

13. Member
    clarify--Romans 4:15

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    "where there is no Law there is no transgression"
    Though the Law did not exit yet, Adam transgressed, Eve transgressed, and Cain most certainly sinned.
    How would you know that you are speeding if there was nothing to tell you otherwise.
    The Law given by GOD, points out our sins and transgression, that we may change our evil ways and repent.

14. Member
    meant clarify misprint. Rom:4:15 and not Rom:1(post 8). Happens to me all the time. Had to clarify my clarification. Hmmm.

15. Member
    meant clarify misprint. Rom:4:15 and not Rom:1(post 8). Happens to me all the time. Had to clarify my clarification. Hmmm.
    Well, now, we are crystal clear clarified.

16. Member
    There were many elements to the Covenant and Torah (Law), it is strange how so many believers today want to focus on and be under certain elements of "Torah" BUT with limitations of their choosing. If the law is still operating today in any form or fashion for the beliver then you should be carrying out the entire Torah. It is when our eschatology is not in agreement with Gods word we find cherry picking of scriptures.

The focus of this article is to focus on only a few key elements:
    1. The author’s statement that the Law, with its attendant cultic praxis of mandates about food, “baptisms” (baptismois, βαπτισμοίς, Strong’s #909), and “fleshly ordinances” was symbolic (literally, parabolic, παραβολὴ, parabole, Strong’s #3850). The Old Covenant Temple and cultus was a shadow. This is Colossians 2:14f where Paul said that the cultic festal observances of the New Moons, feast days and Sabbaths, were still, when he wrote, (present active indicative in the Greek) a shadow of the good things that were “about to come.” So, the typological, shadow, parabolic nature of the entire Old Covenant cultic system is set before us.2. That entire cultic, festal system, would remain standing (stasin, στάσιν, Strong’s #4714–having standing)until the time of reformation.” The word “standing” does not refer to the physical standing of the Temple edifice. It refers to the legal validity of the temple system. So, the Law of Moses, every bit of it, would continue to have “standing” until the time of reformation.3. The cultic praxis would be imposed (ἐπικείμενα, epikimemena, Strong’s #1945) “until the time of reformation.” The word “imposed” means precisely what it indicates. It means the law would remain valid and binding until the appointed time, the time of reformation.4. There would be no entrance into the Most Holy PlaceThe Presence of God “until the time of reformation” – which is the time of the end of the Law of Moses. As long as the Law had standing and was imposed, there could be no entrance into the MHP.5. There would be no entrance into the Most Holy Place “until the time of reformation” (διορθώσεως, diorthoseos, Strong’s #1357). So, since there could be no entrance into the MHP until the end of the Law of Moses at the time of reformation, it is necessary to define and identify that “time of reformation.”The word diorthosis was an important word in Bible prophecy to speak of the Messianic restoration of the Kingdom. Among many texts that could be cited, take note of Isaiah 62:1-7:
    For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her vindication shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow. You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes (diorthosis, LXX) Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.
    Briefly, take note of the promises found here:☛ The coming vindication of Zion / Jerusalem. This is the restoration of Israel, the diorthosis.☛ The calling of the nations to the glory of the God of Israel☛ The giving of a New Name to the people of God.The remarriage of Israel. The background of this promise is the reality that the Lord had “divorced” the ten northern tribes (Hosea 2:1-2- Hosea was roughly contemporary with Isaiah) due to her spiritual adultery. Yet, the Lord promised to remarry Israel in the last days (Hosea 2:21f / 3:4-6).That restoration of Israel is labeled as the diorthosis in verse 7 (LXX). Furthermore, that restoration is the time of the remarriage of Israel. That time of the reformation, the time of the restoration of Israel, as described by Hosea, would be:✦ The time of the New Covenant (Hosea 2:18).✦ The time of the Messianic Temple (Hosea 3:4f)✦ The time of the coming of the Lord (Hosea 5:15-6:1-6).The time of the resurrection (Hosea 6:1-6)!So, the time of reformation:✪ Is the time of the New Covenant. Which means, does it not, that the time of reformation would be the end of the Old Covenant, precisely as Hebrews 9 says?The time of the Coming of the Lord (Isaiah 62:10f). Jesus quoted Isaiah 62:10f in Matthew 16:27 and said it would be in the lifetime of the first century generation.The time of the kingdom, since it is the restoration of Israel. (Of course, the Old Covenant form of the kingdom would be destroyed (Hosea 1:3-5).To keep this short, look closely:
    The time of the reformation is the end of the Law of Moses– Hebrews 9.
    The time of reformation is the time of the Wedding, the Messianic Restoration and Resurrection (Isaiah / Hosea).
    The time of the Wedding would be at the destruction of Jerusalem.
    Therefore, the end of the Law of Moses was at the destruction of Jerusalem.
    The conclusion is proven by Matthew 22:1-7:
    And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.” ’ But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
    Can there be any serious doubt about the context for the Wedding? It was when those who had been invited– Israel, invited to her “remarriage”– spurned the invitation and persecuted those sent to invite here. As a result, they were destroyed by the Lord of the Wedding Banquet. (See my extended discussion of this parable in my book: We Shall Meet Him In the Air, the Wedding of the King of kings).

Borrowed from a friend,
    Thanks Dr. Preston

Book, We shall meet him in the air, the wedding of the king of kings

Eschatology matters

17. Member
    Mathew 5:18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

It would be wise for beleivers to study what the definition of "heaven and earth" was to the Jews during the writing of the biblical documents. According to the Old Testament the "heavens and earth" were destroyed on several occasions prior to Mathew penning Jesus' words above.

Upon Jesus' arrival here as a man, Jesus prophesied the "heavens and earth" would be destroyed again during the lifetime of those living in the first century. With that destruction, many things would occur and they are a delight to us who claim to be believers.

If "heaven and earth" have not dissapeared......................it is clear that Jesus said every jot and tittle of the law is still in effect.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    "where there is no Law there is no transgression"
    Though the Law did not exit yet, Adam transgressed, Eve transgressed, and Cain most certainly sinned.
    How would you know that you are speeding if there was nothing to tell you otherwise.
    The Law given by GOD, points out our sins and transgression, that we may change our evil ways and repent.

Law (command, instruction, guidance ) was in effect for Adam and Eve...……………..

Gen 2:17 "
    You must
    noteatthefruitofthattree
    ; if you do, you will die the same day." but you must
    noteat
    from the
    tree
    of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die." but you are
    not
    to
    eat
    from the
    tree
    of the knowledge of good and evil, because you will certainly die during the day that you
    eat
    from it."

It was that
    disobedience that caused them to die (separation from Gods presence). And it was Gods grace that covered them with leaves to hide their shame and restore them partially until one day he sent his Son to fulfill all things. You nor I can become "good" enough for God to be pleased. It was in His Son he saw goodness, righteousness holiness and imparted that to us.

19. Member
    Law (command, instruction, guidance ) was in effect for Adam and Eve...……………..

Gen 2:17 "
    You must
    noteatthefruitofthattree
    ; if you do, you will die the same day." but you must
    noteat
    from the
    tree
    of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die." but you are
    not
    to
    eat
    from the
    tree
    of the knowledge of good and evil, because you will certainly die during the day that you
    eat
    from it."

It was that
    disobedience that caused them to die (separation from Gods presence). And it was Gods grace that covered them with leaves to hide their shame and restore them partially until one day he sent his Son to fulfill all things. You nor I can become "good" enough for God to be pleased. It was in His Son he saw goodness, righteousness holiness and imparted that to us.
    Dozer,
    since I am NOT into writing novels, I will be very brief.

dis·o·be·di·ence

/ˌdisəˈbēdēəns/

noun

• failure or refusal to obey rules or someone in authority.
    • trans·gres·sion

• /transˈɡreSHən,tranzˈɡreSHən/

noun

• an act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense

Well, now, we are crystal clear clarified.

Last edited by digthemup; 10-20-2019 at 08:15 PM.

20. Member
    Mathew 5:18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

It would be wise for beleivers to study what the definition of "heaven and earth" was to the Jews during the writing of the biblical documents. According to the Old Testament the "heavens and earth" were destroyed on several occasions prior to Mathew penning Jesus' words above.

Upon Jesus' arrival here as a man, Jesus prophesied the "heavens and earth" would be destroyed again during the lifetime of those living in the first century. With that destruction, many things would occur and they are a delight to us who claim to be believers.

If "heaven and earth" have not dissapeared......................it is clear that Jesus said every jot and tittle of the law is still in effect.

Dozer,
    I strongly believe that you would be better served by reading Matthew 5: 18-20.
    Unless, my KJV AV1611 reads different than your version whatever that may be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast