Thread: Look forward

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Matthew 5: 18-20 18
    For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
    Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Your point ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Dozer,
    since I am NOT into writing novels, I will be very brief.

dis·o·be·di·ence

/ˌdisəˈbēdēəns/

noun

• failure or refusal to obey rules or someone in authority.
    • trans·gres·sion

• /transˈɡreSHən,tranzˈɡreSHən/

noun

• an act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense

Well, now, we are crystal clear clarified.

You call a few paragraphs a Novel ? LOL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Matthew 5: 18-20 18
    For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
    Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Your point ?
    Go back and read your #17 and #21. Further, I have NO idea of what version of the bible you are reading from, though sometimes it seems from NIV and other times???
    Perhaps, that could be why you do not get my point.

4. Member
    Go back and read your #17 and #21. Further, I have NO idea of what version of the bible you are reading from, though sometimes it seems from NIV and other times???
    Perhaps, that could be why you do not get my point.

Are you a KJV only person ?

5. Member
    I am not fearful of reading from any translation and over the decades have learned from most all of them. Biblical translations are exactly that "translations" they are not infallible, only Gods Word is infallible. The English bible in any form is simply mans best attempt to translate foreign languages' into something we can understand. O
    ver the centuries
    we have gained access to ancient manuscripts that were not discovered when the KJV was translated, scholars are better able through those discoveries to peice together the origional text.

Even the KJV has had to make corrections with their original version over the years because there were simply "human" mistakes made when attempting to translate .

6. Member
    I am not fearful of reading from any translation and over the decades have learned from most all of them. Biblical translations are exactly that "translations" they are not infallible, only Gods Word is infallible. The English bible in any form is simply mans best attempt to translate foreign languages' into something we can understand. O
    ver the centuries
    we have gained access to ancient manuscripts that were not discovered when the KJV was translated, scholars are better able through those discoveries to peice together the origional text.

Even the KJV has had to make corrections with their original version over the years because there were simply "human" mistakes made when attempting to translate .
    I suppose it was necessary to bring it from the old English to the newer form of the NKJV. However, it seems to me that some of the "modern" translations are more inclined into being "politically correct" than spiritually correct, since it seems to be a great fear in offending social media circles, or other social circles.
    I wonder how John the Baptizer, and even Jesus Himself would be assailed by "the offended" ones of today?? Or, would they still not refrain from addressing certain groups as hypocrites and vipers?

7. Member
    I suppose it was necessary to bring it from the old English to the newer form of the NKJV. However, it seems to me that some of the "modern" translations are more inclined into being "politically correct" than spiritually correct, since it seems to be a great fear in offending social media circles, or other social circles.
    I wonder how John the Baptizer, and even Jesus Himself would be assailed by "the offended" ones of today?? Or, would they still not refrain from addressing certain groups as hypocrites and vipers?
    They both were assailed in their day and they both would not refrain from "todays" hypocrites and vipers...………………...simply because they were both on a mission from the Father and His plan would not be thwarted.

8. Member
    They both were assailed in their day and they both would not refrain from "todays" hypocrites and vipers...………………...simply because they were both on a mission from the Father and His plan would not be thwarted.
    Agreed, which is what makes me wonder as to WHY everything has taken a severe detour toward "political correctness and acceptance", instead of teaching the Scriptures as the Just One said, every jot and tittle, not only to tickle the ears in order to bring in more flock for fleecing.

9. Member
    If you read the bible closely, especially the NT when dealing with eschatology, political correctness and accpetance were far more rampant in Jesus' day than today. The prophets, Jesus and his apostles and followers taught the Scriptures as the "Just One said" and all were killed for it. Some endured the great Tribulation during the first centruy and Jesus addressed that in many parts of the NT documents. There is nothing new under sun.

10. Member
    Far to many Christians engage in Eisegesis
    (/ˌaɪsəˈdʒiːsəs/;) is the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that the process introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text. This is commonly referred to as reading into the text.

When they should be exegeting the text. There is night and day difference between the two.

11. Member
    The vast majority of Christians sit in the pew, listen to the preacher or teacher go home , teach their spouse, kids friends and cow-workers what they hear as the gospel.

Instead, they should be as the Bereans …….

Acts 17:10
    he brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

12. Member
    Just because some PHD says its true, or just because some cowboy church says it true DOESNT MEAN ITS TRUE. Just becasue they are on TV doesnt make them right. Just becasue they have a popular radio program doesnt mean they are right. Be a Berean.

13. Member
    Just because some PHD says its true, or just because some cowboy church says it true DOESNT MEAN ITS TRUE. Just becasue they are on TV doesnt make them right. Just becasue they have a popular radio program doesnt mean they are right. Be a Berean.
    Dozer,
    I watched my pastor attend the school that he became a principal of it, and now he is teaching GOD's word from Genesis to Revelations in the sanctuary that I helped become a reality and have watched friends and family being baptized, married, and buried from it. Obviously, you have misunderstood what I have been saying, since I read from 1 book, and share HIS word from it, after much prayer. I don't chase after what is popular or title, especially all the ones that write a book per month after attending some preaching school on line or otherwise.
    I watch very little TV, except for news, football, NASCAR/IMSA/INDY racing, and fishing, none of the other stuff matter in my home.
    The times I have read Revelations, I end up going to and fro to Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, an even some of the other prophets, and much prayer for guidance by the Holy Spirit.
    Yes, eschatology has its place and needs to be studied, especially since it bears such importance to Jews, Christians, and Muslims never seem to have enough, especially that 40 virgins thing.
    May GOD fill you with grace, mercy, and peace.
    Be well and be blessed.

14. Member
    Dig, sorry if you took my responses personal I did not direct those to you. I respond to various topics here in the "faith" section when I read certain things that are not "true or correct". I assume the faith section on this board is for edification, learning discussion ect so I chime in as I see fit. You be blessed as well.

15. Member
    Dig, sorry if you took my responses personal I did not direct those to you. I respond to various topics here in the "faith" section when I read certain things that are not "true or correct". I assume the faith section on this board is for edification, learning discussion ect so I chime in as I see fit. You be blessed as well.
    Dozer,
    No offense taken. My wife and I have been berated at our NYS Fair, and called idiots by supposed catholics for not honoring their faith. Left the booth infuriated when I showed them in the Scriptures that Mary was NOT a forever virgin, but only until the birth of our saviour Jesus Christ. So, I know that being a Berean is very important, which is what Jesus showed us when He would reason with the Scribes and Pharisees from the scrolls.
    I strongly agree with you that the media and internet have diluted the knowledge of many, yet that is what Jesus said, beware of those that will come in my name which are wolves in sheep's clothing, they will devour and confound the sheep. I am the Good Shepherd which I will bound their wounds and heal them, for my sheep know my name.
    Remember, the path to salvation is narrow and only by few will be taken. The road to destruction is broad and travelled by many.
    Be strong in the faith and be blessed.

16. Banned

What definition are You using for 'true' ?

Could we agree on this?

The rifle barrel is 'true' as long as it stays straight but once it deviates, it is no longer 'true'.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    What definition are You using for 'true' ?

Could we agree on this?

The rifle barrel is 'true' as long as it stays straight but once it deviates, it is no longer 'true'.
    LewStulePHD,
    Does the barrel deviate?? or the sights, whether they are iron or glass?? or the conditions, whether it is weather, shooter, or ammo?
    Perhaps, Pontius Pilate would be very appropriate in his statement with regard to today's "truth" from some pulpits. "Veritas, quid est veritas". Truth, what is truth? is the question we MUST ask in order to make sense of anything else. It should not be taken as a rhetorical question or be dismissed as something intrinsically unanswerable therefore meaningless, especially when "true" is being used synonyms with opinion. They are by no means the same thing, since opinion may or may not be truth. Paul was clear in the epistles in stating whether or not he spoke by the Holy Spirit or his opinion, yet, what we may hear from some pulpits, though an opinion, is delivered as Scripture. Truth simply is, whether we like it or not, know it or not, nor is it untrue because we choose not to believe it.
    Due to training and acquired skill sets, and accomplished sniper is required to be capable in discerning his POA, based on examining what is before him, to deliver is shot to POI.

18. Banned
    Which is 'true' #1 or #5 in the following diagram?

Unknown.png

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Which is 'true' #1 or #5 in the following diagram?

Unknown.png
    Though it has zero relation to our discussion, based on examining what is before me, I will tell you with most assurity, that 1,5,6 are "true" solid lines, and 2,3,4 are dashed line?
    However, you are the one with the "PhD" after your name, so I am kinda wondering where you are going with such a question???

20. Member
    I think #5 is my resting heart rate and #1 my brainwaves. Aren't medical records supposed to be private?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast